Flipping my stem on my new hybrid...

mijome07

Jun 24, 2007
Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I am new here. I recently purchased a Bianchi Bay City hybrid a few weeks ago. Although I know that hybrids put you at a more upright position, I decided to flip my stem for a lower position. My question is, when I did so, the bolts seem real stubborn to fully tighten. I went out and bought a Park Tool multi tool, but I can only tighten the stem so much. Am I missing something here? Do I need more of a heavy duty hex wrench or are the bolts just cheap and need to be replaced? I'm thinking maybe I'll replace the riser handlebars and go with some dropbars. By no means am I trying to convert this hybrid to a road bike. I just want more hand positions. Instead of buying some bar ends, I got some Cane Creek Speedbars to try out. If I like the position, then I'll switch to drop bars. I'll appreciate your comments and expertise.

mijome07 said:
Nevermind, I figured it out. But thanks anways for all your feedback.
How much feedback do you want when you talk about "Flipping your stem" in a public place? As a general rule, more than three times and you're playing with it. :D