flipping my stem?



A

Aeek

Guest
I'm half way thru flipping my OCR0s stem to see how the lower position
goes, and I remember - I have to put the cap backon first or was that
last?
I remember remembering I should remember that as I left the LBS!
 
R

Random Data

Guest
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:42:26 +1000, Aeek wrote:

> I'm half way thru flipping my OCR0s stem to see how the lower position
> goes, and I remember - I have to put the cap backon first or was that
> last?


The cap is used to tension the bearings in the headset, so it should go on
first. You tighten it down to get tension onto the bearings, then clamp
the stem. After the stem is tight you can pull the cap off if you want to
be a total weight weenie.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.
 
P

Parbs

Guest
Random Data wrote:
>
> After the stem is tight you can pull the cap off if you want to
> be a total weight weenie.
>

Don't tell that to the SpoonBoy

Parbs
 
A

Aeek

Guest
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:28:56 GMT, Parbs <[email protected]> wrote:

>Random Data wrote:
>>
>> After the stem is tight you can pull the cap off if you want to
>> be a total weight weenie.
>>

>Don't tell that to the SpoonBoy
>
>Parbs


Wouldn't that be bad for aero ? After all that's why I'm going lower.
So maybe a circle of contact ? If you're going to do that.

Andre
 
P

Parbs

Guest
Aeek wrote:
>
> Wouldn't that be bad for aero ?


Less important on a mtb, but he could replace by gluing on the end of a
plastic spoon & save 3g

Parbs