F'loff

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Well, after saying I have been cycling for a couple of years with spds
    without falling off I finally maaged it today. My excuse is new pedals,
    old cleats and a slightly tight setting combined with an uneven road
    surface. I was on an off road cycle path approaching Durham at a point
    where the path goes through a farm. I slowed to stop before a gate and
    unclipped my left foot to put it down. Just as I did that the bike hit an
    uneven bit of tarmac and decided it wanted to lean to the right rather
    than the left. I ended up with a grazed knee and a bruised ego. I could
    have avoided the damage to my knee if I had resigned myself to falling
    rather than trying to unclip. If I had managed to unclip at that late
    stage I'd have probably done even more damage to myself. Next time I'll
    resign myself to the topple, though next time I won't be on that bit of
    route 14 as it is a diabolical mix of broken tarmac and loose gravel.

    Colin

    Tags:

  2. Colin Blackburn wrote:
    > If I had managed to unclip at
    > that late stage I'd have probably done even more damage to myself. Next
    > time I'll resign myself to the topple, though next time I won't be on
    > that bit of route 14 as it is a diabolical mix of broken tarmac and
    > loose gravel.
    >
    > Colin

    Good idea. I ended up with a spiral fracture of the tibia when I
    unclipped whilst falling at a very slow speed, patch of ice on a
    sleeping policeman. I felt like a complete twat considering some of the
    extreme stunt falls ive had in the past with no more than cuts and
    bruises. I new it was bad when I heard the loud wood like snapping noise
    and couldnt feel anything, until I moved. :(