Flooded streets

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
Have you ever cycle in flooded streets? Well I have, a week ago a typhoon dumped several inches of rain in the streets and I tried riding on it and it's like cycling on mud. But it was enjoyable and my bike got a good wash lol.

Cycling in flooded streets is just not for me, I don't want to get wet from the rain and also I don't want to get my feet wet in the flood and risk my health.

To be honest, I enjoy riding on a flooded street if the water is just 6 inches or lower. There was a time that I traversed a flooded street here that almost made me crash by the strong current. After that incident, I never tried riding on a flooded street again. Another hazard in a flooded street is the potholes that you don’t see. Worse, there may be an open manhole that can cause great injury. But if you are sure of the kind of road that you are traversing, you will enjoy the ride when your tires hit the floodwaters.

I've been riding in a lot of flooded trails this Summer, and have been having a blast. Getting all wet and muddy is just part of having fun and part of playing in the woods.

Well, actually this is what I'm waiting for after the strong typhoon. I love and really enjoy using my bike during that situation. I love to visit and look around the affected area even there's a flood. It's a little dangerous because sometimes you don't know how deep the water and if there's a hole in the road.

"Ah, flooded streets - quite the off-road experience! I've had my fair share of muddy trails on gravel bikes, but never thought of coursing through post-typhoon streets. Was there any unique challenge you noticed while riding? Or maybe your tires made a difference? Always curious to learn from diverse experiences! " -HatePavement- The Gravel Grinder.