Floor Pump Question

jnorth51

May 5, 2006
Has anyone used/own/heard of "Kompressor" floor pumps?

I was looking into buying a Kompressor Air Pro 260 floor pump. I went to do some research online, but couldn't find a thing about it.

Anyone....

Thanks rek -

Not the exact pump I had in mind, but regardless, good to know info. I couldn't find much info on Kompressor pumps online. I was wondering what was going on. I was trying to do a online review for some research for the Air Pro 260 and to no avail.

I've been using the same German made SKS Kompressor floor pump with pressure gauge for about 12 years now. Not a problem at all. It's the same model as the Zefal Husky (same manufacturer and model, different badging). Heavy duty steel barrel, wooden handle, rebuildable internals, tough pressure gauge with protective cladding and it pumps to 240psi! It's by far the best floor pump I've come across. I've also owned a Blackburn, Topeak and a Zefal floor pump and they don't compare or have not lasted as long.

The only thing I've had to replace on the SKS was the hose and chuck. The hose showed signs of cracking after 12 years and the chuck was worn.