Floyd Landis and me

threaded said:
Sorry, but doping with testosterone just doesn't work like that. So even if he did, which I also doubt, it won't have given anymore benefit than a placebo.
You can dope with androgen for the physiological benefits, which take a while to accrue, or you can dope for the psychological benefit, which goes with the blood level of the hormone. If Landis doped deliberately, and I think that he did, he would have done it for the "killer" edge he needed after the previous day's disaster. It's unclear how he stuffed up the epitestosterone dose - perhaps he was so blinded by impending loss that he didn't even think about it.

Scotttri said:
Wendall although stupid, I will always remember as the guy who dominated the rugby league world cup.
Aren't you agreeing with me?

As for Landis, an illegal substance is an illegal substance, and if he is found guilty he should be banned and stripped of his title. He knew it was illegal and knew the consequences so no sympathy at all coming from me. To say that you can understand why they do it is rediculous, why cheat in a sport you love so much, how could you live with yourself knowing that you won unclean.
I think that your rebuttal is unconvincing. The sport has been rife with drug cheating since the 60's (or from the very beginning, if you count alcohol). Clearly a large number, if not a majority, of the athletes are able and willing to live with the guilt of winning with some help.
Even Pantani neglected himself to death not because of the guilt but because of the loss of the adulation he won through cheating.

"I think that your rebuttal is unconvincing. The sport has been rife with drug cheating since the 60's (or from the very beginning, if you count alcohol). Clearly a large number, if not a majority, of the athletes are able and willing to live with the guilt of winning with some help"

It mat be unconvincing but it is my point of view, just as you have yours. Just because the drugs have been around for years doesn't make it right, maybe these days it's all money based?? In order to win they need to cheat, and need to win to get more money??

Scotttri said:
It mat be unconvincing but it is my point of view, just as you have yours. Just because the drugs have been around for years doesn't make it right, maybe these days it's all money based?? In order to win they need to cheat, and need to win to get more money??
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that it is right either. Simply unavoidable for the moment and the foreseeable future.