Floyd Landis - As$hat Pt. Eleventynine...

swampy1970

Feb 3, 2008
Organizers of the Bend Memorial Clinic Cascade Cycling Classic were kind enough to let Floyd race at the last minute and without a team. The American television network ABC's program Nightline agreed to turn up and do a piece on Floyd and the event, bringing nation-wide publicity.

So what happens?

Retarded happens, that's what.

Crowds lined the streets in the Old Mill District to catch a glimpse of Floyd Landis. Race organizers added the controversial cyclist, who is racing without a team, to the registration one day prior to the event’s start date.

He was the brunt of laughter during the short time trial for wearing a novice looking outfit. Rather than wear a blank racing skin suit, he chose to sport a grey baggy T-shirt and nondescript black cycling shorts with his numbers sloppily pinned on the back, loose enough to catch wind and create a small sail.

“The chief official said that it is a USCF rule that if you are going to wear a jersey that has the name of a business or a sponsor there has to be a licensed team,” said Executive Director Chuck Kenlan. “Essentially he had to wear something plain with no sponsor on it and he just found a grey t-shirt and that was what he wore.”

Floyd would finish the short prologue in 91st place. An event not only quite humorously won by a Trek/Livestrong rider but one where the entire roster of Livestrong riders would beat Landis. Oh, the irony.

jd10cccprlg012_600.jpg

i wonder what exactly is it he's trying to do or prove by racing now anyways? just for the memories?

roadhouse said:
and his TT position looks awful.

It looked awful that time he won the Tour de France as well, oh hang on.

It seems a bit sad really. Many have doped, not many have been caught and few have suffered the way he has. I'm not a big fan but I'd rather see him riding a bike than going the way of Pantani for example.

mrfrogger said:
It looked awful that time he won the Tour de France as well, oh hang on.

His position has changed since he won the Tour. Partly due to his hip issues but partly because of UCI rules regarding saddle and handlebars...

But yeah, both positions look awful but his old 'poo jabbing' position was more effective.

3292672b4555dd57132d5d62f938c3da.jpg

thebluetrain said:
At least he doesnt have a huge gut.

That is something Swampy would know all about.

FLandis only lost 16 seconds while wearing baggy clothing. Pretty damned good.

Go Floyd!!!!

gplama said:
Epic TT kit.
Yeah - The flapping microfibres are designed to wick away the laminar flow...
T-Shirt Technology is still in its infancy.

" The Comeback" the trailer park version! Cracks me up with shirt and the aero helmet. It would have been great he had a cigarette in his mouth.

I'm not a fan of Landis but I feel he's making himself look even more foolish doing what he's did in this race.

He could have ridden in a simple single coloured cycling jersey.
What's the point of wearing a tee shirt doing a TT?
Bizzare behaviour.

Incidentally his legs look in good shape.

You would have thought with all the money he stole (raised from charity donations during his 'help me prove I'm innocent' phase) he could have bought a skinsuit - especially seeing that bike and helmet are team issue from the team he just help implode a couple of months ago...

Free bike and he's borrowing someones t-shirt. Makes you wonder if he stands at gas station bumming change for fuel to get to races...

Bro Deal said:

So would eddy merckx and greg lemond.

Besides, the gut has gone (for now) but the beer, bbq and nights of shredding metal on the guitar are still fond memories...

swampy1970 said:
So would eddy merckx and greg lemond.

Besides, the gut has gone (for now) but the beer, bbq and nights of shredding metal on the guitar are still fond memories...

Nothing wrong with shredding Metal on the guitar. I just shred some Slayer about 20 minutes ago. :cool:

WTF Landis? Odd.

I bet he wishes now he just admitted he doped, took the two year suspension and came back to race. Look at Vino. He's out for two years and comes back as strong "clean" (lol) and is as strong as when he was doped. Does Lance really believe we think he's clean?

azdroptop said:
WTF Landis? Odd.

I bet he wishes now he just admitted he doped, took the two year suspension and came back to race. Look at Vino. He's out for two years and comes back as strong "clean" (lol) and is as strong as when he was doped. Does Lance really believe we think he's clean?

I certainly hope he's clean, as he's apparently been tested over 300x's. No matter what happens, there are always going to be those who point their finger and say Lance was doping and didn't get caught, or he was "paying someone off." Only Lance knows the true story.

And then....Lance didn't exactly finish at the top. Maybe he's clean now and that's why he finished back so far. :confused:

Whatever the case, nobody is going to pat Floyd Landis on the back and say, "GOOD JOB!" if Lance does wind up guilty. If anything, he will be hated even more for "destroying" the reputation of cycling, just like Jose Canseco "destroyed" baseball. The best thing that can happen to Floyd Landis is he will go down as the man who busted Lance Armstrong. That's not anything to be proud of, nor is it something to be famous for...

Bro Deal said:

FLandis only lost 16 seconds while wearing baggy clothing. Pretty damned good.

Go Floyd!!!!

It figures it would be someone like you to cheer on a moron like that.....:cool: