Floyd Landis wins Tour de France 2006 for himself shock!

Maybe this could be a start for cycling to go back to the TDF winners doing more throughout the year instead of just showing up. Landis won Tour of California and Tour De Georgia, his home races, but then he won the Prestigious Paris-Nice and now the Tour De France. Eventhough his original plan before the surgery was to make this his last race of the season, sitll nice to see 4 major stage races in his palmares for the year.

Congrats Floyd!!! All that work down on the farm in Amish country paid off. Hard work and diligence. The Amish know how to do it the old fashioned way; they work for it. I've been to Amish country many times and know how hard you folks work.

Fan from NJ USA

wicklow200 said:
Tcklyde

I think the majority of US posters on this forum don't go in for this sort of jingoism, thankfully.

This particular poster has made 3 contributions, probably all of the same type. We won't hear from him again until the next US born winner of the TdF.

They don't like cycling or sport. They just like seeing the stars and stripes

Wicklow200

Good point. I think you are right.

ptlwp said:
Congrats Floyd!!! All that work down on the farm in Amish country paid off. Hard work and diligence. The Amish know how to do it the old fashioned way; they work for it. I've been to Amish country many times and know how hard you folks work.

Fan from NJ USA

Amish and Mennonite are different cults. There were lots of both where I grew up. The Mennonite dudes told Floyd he couldn't wear shorts on his bike, the Amish would have told him he couldn't ride - period. Mormons would have told him to wear a tie and ride his bike to my house and annoy me.

I think the Mennonite angle is being played up a little bit by the press, but it is interesting. I don't think Floyd's success will bring many people to the Mennonites because he's pretty much renounced his religion, if not its culture.

wicklow200 said:
Tcklyde

I think the majority of US posters on this forum don't go in for this sort of jingoism, thankfully.

This particular poster has made 3 contributions, probably all of the same type. We won't hear from him again until the next US born winner of the TdF.

They don't like cycling or sport. They just like seeing the stars and stripes

Wicklow200
He is not the sharpest knife in drawer.

Would you submit posts like his and use the web site ou're trying to promote as your nickname ? NoPainSeat.com:rolleyes:

lw

NoPainSeat.com said:
TeamAmerica.jpg

( FU*CK YEAH! )
Let me guess........ You're the guy second from left ?

lw

stevebaby said:
Team Phonak will be known as Team I-Share next year.

Well spotted (excuse the pun).

I-Shares are a British company.

Phonak Hearing Aids are finishing their sponsorship this year.

With Barclay's as parent. Ishares will be able to provide a nice little budget for the cycling team. I hope they will be as active in promoting the sport as T-Mob and DC to name a couple.

lw