Floyd Landis! You´re my Hero!

Tejano

Mar 11, 2005
Frickin´Incredible!

It´s not over yet but this is the stuff legends are made of!

And he´s a gimp to boot!

Go Floyd Go!

he won PAris-NIce and probably he will win tour in these year. Amazing!

But not a fan!

Tejano said:
And he´s a gimp to boot!

Go Floyd Go!

hehe :D being a gimp,I believe is a prerequisite for all american TDF winners, gun shot victims,cancer patients, hip replacement canidates,etc. :)

But what really makes him my hero is this dispatch from today's race coverage:

15:58 - Yellow Jersey For A Six-Pack Of Beer...

After Floyd Landis regained the lead of the Tour de France at the top of L’Alpe d’Huez he decided that he wanted a beer to celebrate the moment. On the road down to his hotel, his team car pulled over and the American traded a yellow jersey for a six-pack of beer with a spectator.

http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/LIVE/us/1700/depeches.html

RickF said:

After Floyd Landis regained the lead of the Tour de France at the top of L’Alpe d’Huez he decided that he wanted a beer to celebrate the moment. On the road down to his hotel, his team car pulled over and the American traded a yellow jersey for a six-pack of beer with a spectator.

I just refuse to believe it was a hang-over sort of bonking.

Orla_24 said:
I just refuse to believe it was a hang-over sort of bonking.
I do not mean to imply that the beer caused him to bonk, but I do believe that he did bonk. I was just trying to imagine myself in the shoes of the spectator. That would be something to remember. If I was Floyd, though, I would have held out until I could at least get a beer for each of my team mates.

RickF said:

He was drinking ****ing beer!?

The day before he lost it in the alps? Jesus christ, if that's true... that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard of an athlete doing, and they do some pretty stupid **** here in the states.

HTML:
He was drinking &%#*@&! beer!?
Just for the record, it is pretty normal for riders to celebrate at any point in the Tour by drinking beer or champagne over dinner the evening of a good performance. I doubt he slammed the whole six pack.

rt1965 said:
HTML:
He was drinking &%#*@&! beer!?
Just for the record, it is pretty normal for riders to celebrate at any point in the Tour by drinking beer or champagne over dinner the evening of a good performance. I doubt he slammed the whole six pack.
From the looks of stage 16, he did slam the whole 6-pack! (though yeah i doubt he really did, but one never knows)

Wonder what that jersey is worth, right about now?

That settles it. I'm going to the Tour next year, with a truckload of brew. What's your preference, Floyd?

RickF said:

dexjava said:
He was drinking ****ing beer!?

The day before he lost it in the alps? Jesus christ, if that's true... that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard of an athlete doing, and they do some pretty stupid **** here in the states.

Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. haha.

This is the same guy though that took a lot of expresso shots with Dave Z while under LA.

RickF said:
That is freakin' hilarious. I wonder if he looked up the Z-man and shared a couple.

TrekDedicated said:
Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. haha.

This is the same guy though that took a lot of expresso shots with Dave Z while under LA.
Oh no, I feel another book to be published.:(

Ullefan said:
Oh no, I feel another book to be published.:(
Well, he's an American and our media loves to pimp these kinds of stories. As long as he doesn't appear on the freaking Oprah show, I'll be happy.

sydsyd said:
Well, he's an American and our media loves to pimp these kinds of stories. As long as he doesn't appear on the freaking Oprah show, I'll be happy.
I think Floyd will become the new Calvin Klein model for there underwear range for men...... he is a very attractive man......

sydsyd said:
Agreed, all tho I'd love to see Flandis on Charlie Rose. Hopefully talking about the hip, the tour, racing next year, etc. all I think Charlie could get Floyd to just chat about humor, life & what drives him.

sydsyd said:
reee