Flu Shot?

James Bruce Gil said:
Huskey,

Love your style!...... It just occurs to me that maybe we all should stay away from the forum! After all there are those who think the forums are in the death throws. You'd have to wonder about some of the people who post here, me included we probably all a little unhealthy mentally at least.

BTW I have a flu shot every year and swear by the efficacy of them.

Kind regards,

Good to know you are still alive and kicking. As far as staying away from the net ,I doubt the forums are dying from the flu so there is probably no danger.
Mental health in my opinion is a matter of debatable definition and choice.

Have gotten the flu shot for the last four years, and have only had two bouts of relatively mild flu in that time. Pretty good average, I would say, especially with two kids in school...

This is a pretty common occurrence. People who go get the flu shot coming down with the flu. I'm thinking the shot spreads it and does nothing to prevent it.

I have never had a flu shot and I've never had the flu. I have heard some things about the flu shot that wasn't good so I just stay away from it. So far so good because I never want to have the flu.

This year, I have not been vaccinated yet. I did receive flu shots regularly in the past and never been infected. I hope this year I will still be fine because I decided not to take any shots yet. I am getting confused now with all sorts of news I hear about vaccines.

I haven't gotten the flu shot in years and besides the occasional cold or sore throat I don't usually get sick. I'm thinking I might get it this year though because my nephews are all in school now and they've already brought home a couple viruses to share with the family. I'm not against getting the flu shot otherwise but I usually end up procrastinating until it's too late unless I've got a specific reason to go.

We have immune systems for a reason. I will never take a flu shot. And all the people I know that have gotten the shot have just gotten really sick right after. Wish people would do more research into what they're injecting into themselves before they do things without asking any questions.

I haven't had a stomach flu in 10 years or more, however I did catch pneumonia twice in the last 10 years which I never had before, so my doctor thinks I probably had respiratory flu which I never had before, and it spread to pneumonia, so I got a flu shot this year for the first time in my life and will probably get one every year from now on.

I've never got a flu shot. I'm afraid that it will make me sick. And I have heard people still get the flu.

cheryllei9h said:
I've never got a flu shot. I'm afraid that it will make me sick. And I have heard people still get the flu.
Depending on your age and history of contacting the flu you may or may not want to get the shot. If you have a history of catching the flu, and or you're over the age of 50 then it is recommended you get the shot. Employers stress getting the flu shot because they don't want their employees out sick, but if you're history has zero or one case of flu in the last 15 years or more than I wouldn't worry about getting one personally. I never got a flu shot in my entire life until 3 weeks ago, if I got the flu I just grinned and bared it, but I think in my entire lifetime of 62 years I only got the flu 4 or 5 times.

Will the flu shot make you sick? I asked my doctor that before I got it and he said you cannot get the flu from a flu shot because the virus is not active and thus incapable of giving you the flu. If you have an allergy to eggs it could make you sick. Most common side effect is the injection point on the arm that the shot went into will be sore for about 3 to 4 days after the shot like someone sort of hit you there, some get aches and pains similar to the flu but far less severe and that could last about a day or two, and some people may get a mild headache for a day or two. The doctor will explain all of this to you and more if you decide to get one.

Some places like CVS and Walgreens as well as some employers offer the flu shot for free so look into that.

How much is the flu shot over there? It looks like a bit "commercial" how they advertize it here. But I think I've seen ads of it in hospitals which I visit a lot lately for various injuries :p .

How about that "wash yo Filthy HandsTM" ad in public service buildings? :D

Daaamn Google Handwritting is smooth...

Flu shots are free in ObStalinist Amerika, comrade Greek. There are signs up at all the local drug stores and pharmacies advertising free flu shots, free TB testing, free blood pressure testing, free Ebola testing...er...wait a minute. Maybe that was 'free Ebola lawsuit filing' I saw.

And just like when this thread was first posted 7 years ago...last year's vaccine sucked for actual protection from the mutated strains going around making folks sick, but not actually murderizing many. Science...yeah, it sucked again.

I had a great-grandfather murderized by the flu epidemic of 1917-1918. Damn Spanish Fly and their murderizing flu fleas!

I an NOT anti-vaccination. I had all my shots as mere pup child. Like JH, when flu season comes around I just avoid human contact. I despise most of the human race anyway, so it's an easy task.

Reactions: jhuskey
#CB

I suppose that you dont get the Sh^tty Bus much either huh? :D

Next stop... Congestion!

Next stop... Fever!

This is a Sh'tty bus service, calling at all the stops all the way to Diarhoia!!! :D

Flu shots are about 30 € here man... But the way they advertize them next to lipsticks and balms kinda makes them not appear as "essential". :p

Maybe they would make sense if you really go nuts From a bit of discomfort... or just maybe if you're nuts about jerms...

Heeey... How long since you had something Arabian infecting you? :D

they are looking for volunteers at the "hotspots". I already signed you up! Mind you... They are not really that "hot" anymore. :D More like chilly... Looots of Jerms!!! :D

#Froze

That makes sense. So in that case your health insurance paid for the shot right?

I think that no insurance policy pays for flu shots here. :/

Btw I have something reaaally important to tell you! :D
Download "Google Handwritting Input". It's goooooood. ;)

CAMPYBOB said:
Flu shots are free in ObStalinist Amerika, comrade Greek. There are signs up at all the local drug stores and pharmacies advertising free flu shots, free TB testing, free blood pressure testing, free Ebola testing...er...wait a minute. Maybe that was 'free Ebola lawsuit filing' I saw.

And just like when this thread was first posted 7 years ago...last year's vaccine sucked for actual protection from the mutated strains going around making folks sick, but not actually murderizing many. Science...yeah, it sucked again.

I had a great-grandfather murderized by the flu epidemic of 1917-1918. Damn Spanish Fly and their murderizing flu fleas!

I an NOT anti-vaccination. I had all my shots as mere pup child. Like JH, when flu season comes around I just avoid human contact. I despise most of the human race anyway, so it's an easy task.

I was avoiding people 7 years ago? Hmmm, I some thing don't change.

Volnix, I have not set foot inside a bus in decades and I schedule my infrequent flying carefully. I would rather drive 1000 miles in my car than jump on an airliner full of rif-raf, people from countries where flush toilets will not be invented for another six centuries, illegal immigrants, small children, smuggled on board tiny dogs in handbags and such. No thank you.

Flying used to be so clean, dignified and formal. Now...meh! I'll drive my POV and avoid the TSA reach around almost every time.

CAMPYBOB said:
Volnix, I have not set foot inside a bus in decades and I schedule my infrequent flying carefully. I would rather drive 1000 miles in my car than jump on an airliner full of rif-raf, people from countries where flush toilets will not be invented for another six centuries, illegal immigrants, small children, smuggled on board tiny dogs in handbags and such. No thank you.

Flying used to be so clean, dignified and formal. Now...meh! I'll drive my POV and avoid the TSA reach around almost every time.
Tiny dogs in hadbags? Sounds like a mid-flight snack for some.

Volnix said:
#Froze

That makes sense. So in that case your health insurance paid for the shot right?

I think that no insurance policy pays for flu shots here. :/

Btw I have something reaaally important to tell you! :D
Download "Google Handwritting Input". It's goooooood. ;)
In my case my insurance covered it 100% with no deductible or copay or percentages, however like I said I could have gone to either Walgreens or CVS pharmacies (and I think Walmart had them too) and gotten one for free as well.

The ACA , otherwise know as screw the middle class, made all preventative procedures free. Sounds like a good deal but someone is always paying.
Guess who?