Fluid Trainers

watford3

Jul 11, 2004
I am looking at buying a fluid trainer. Does anybody have any recommendations? I am deciding between Minaura (new model just released), Cycleops (Fluid 2) and Elite

You can't go wrong with the Cyclops. It works well, the price is ok if you shop around, and it is foolproof.

The other one to consider is the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. There are minor differences between the Kinetic and the Cyclops, but I would buy whichever I could get the best deal on. Actually, I have one of each for just that reason. My wife uses the Cyclops, and I use the Kinetic, but that is only by chance. We have no strong preference for one over the other.

litespeedguy said:
I got the cycleops a few months ago & like it a lot .
I have heard that some fluid trainers can leak as the seals wear out. Has anyone had any experience of this happening and how difficult is this problem to repair? I too am looking for a trainer and by far the consensus is the fluid trainers are best for replicating the road. As a second question, how does a magnetic trainer compare for cost, noise and ride experience? Thanks.

Cycleops, had about 2500 miles on mine and the fluid unit started losing resistance. Cycleops sent me a new one with no problems. Never had any leakage problems.

Steve Holloway said:
Cycleops, had about 2500 miles on mine and the fluid unit started losing resistance. Cycleops sent me a new one with no problems. Never had any leakage problems.
That sounds like excellent service and the way the others in the community rave about their Cycleops, i guess that is the way I will go too.