Fluids

Jon Senior wrote:

> Andy Leighton [email protected] opined the following...
>
>>No some people drink it for "health benefits". Apparently quite popular
>>in India and Japan (although some people just gargle).

> Given the proliferation of "Chinese Herbal Doctors" in Edinburgh, I
> sense a fad coming. ;-)

Yeah, all these funny Asian people are all much the same really.

James
by treading on the toes of giants.

James Annan [email protected] opined the following...
> > Given the proliferation of "Chinese Herbal Doctors" in Edinburgh, I
> > sense a fad coming. ;-)

> Yeah, all these funny Asian people are all much the same really.

By way of clarification, I was referring to the ever-growing fascination
with far-eastern medicine and practice, not making a sweeping statement
about race. I save those for other threads ;-)

Jon

Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote in news:eek:570t1-2tl.ln1
@gododdin.internal.jasmine.org.uk:

> Many people drink their own urine regularly and consider it
> medicinal(!).

Apparently it's good for your skin too (dabbed on, not drunk). The urea is
meant to be the good ingredient. Check any fancy skin creams you may have
(or see on supermarket shelves), they regularly have urea in them.

Graeme

Truthfully i much prefare to pull up my short let it hang out and dampern
the road for a few Km.

well when it i get really desperate, wouldn't like to have to defacate on
the move though, >>imagine, on the back wheel, under then up into the air<<
nice ride honey! great, its just dirt :)

news:[email protected]...

Jon Senior <jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> James Annan [email protected] opined the following...
> > > Given the proliferation of "Chinese Herbal Doctors" in Edinburgh, I
> > > sense a fad coming. ;-)

> > Yeah, all these funny Asian people are all much the same really.

> By way of clarification, I was referring to the ever-growing fascination
> with far-eastern medicine and practice, not making a sweeping statement
> about race. I save those for other threads ;-)

S'ok, they all look the same to me anyway...;-)

James

In article <[email protected]>,
Graeme <[email protected]> writes:

>> Many people drink their own urine regularly and consider it
>> medicinal(!).

> Apparently it's good for your skin too (dabbed on, not drunk).

So widdling yourself must be a Good Thing?
Do you - erm - practice what you preach?

--
Nick Kew

[email protected] (Nick Kew) wrote in news:nnh1t1-be1.ln1
@webthing.com:

> So widdling yourself must be a Good Thing?
> Do you - erm - practice what you preach?

I assure you, I neither practice nor preach that particular activity,
unless you count peeing in a wetsuit after swimming on a cold day's
canoeing (just wash it well afterwards), but I've not done any such thing
for many years. It's too hot for wetsuits over here and I wear dry suit
trousers in Scotland; peeing in those is a definite no-no!

Graeme

> Apparently it's good for your skin too (dabbed on, not drunk). The urea is
> meant to be the good ingredient. Check any fancy skin creams you may have
> (or see on supermarket shelves), they regularly have urea in them.
>
> Graeme

I'm led to believe intaking urea over time can lead to kidney failure,
though I'm sure dabbing it on the skin is fine. I remember also reading in
a book when I was younger some anecdotel story about peeing in your boots
stops something......

"atacca" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I'm led to believe intaking urea over time can lead to kidney failure,
> though I'm sure dabbing it on the skin is fine. I remember also
> reading in a book when I was younger some anecdotel story about peeing
> in your boots stops something......

Blisters I think. I remember hearing of a wicket keeper who'd heard of this
trick, so to prevent his hands blistering he soaked his hands in a bowl of
his pee :-/

Graeme

> Blisters I think. I remember hearing of a wicket keeper who'd heard of
> this trick, so to prevent his hands blistering he soaked his hands in
> a bowl of his pee :-/

So nobody told him that surgical spirit does the same then :)

Jon Senior <> said:
> Andy Leighton [email protected] opined the following...
>> No some people drink it for "health benefits". Apparently quite popular
>> in India and Japan (although some people just gargle).

> Given the proliferation of "Chinese Herbal Doctors" in Edinburgh, I
> sense a fad coming. ;-)

Given the taste of Tennent's lager, I think it's already arrived... :)

Regards,

-david

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:57:30 GMT, Graeme
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote in news:eek:570t1-2tl.ln1
>@gododdin.internal.jasmine.org.uk:
>
>> Many people drink their own urine regularly and consider it
>> medicinal(!).

>Apparently it's good for your skin too (dabbed on, not drunk). The urea is
>meant to be the good ingredient. Check any fancy skin creams you may have
>(or see on supermarket shelves), they regularly have urea in them.
>
>Graeme

An old boy I know though he is well past 3 score and ten still thinks
he is a bit of a charmer.
Complimenting a young woman on her looks he was a bit thrown by her
reply of "I Drink my own urine".
He was even more thoughtful when it was suggested she was taking the
****.
G.Harman.