Fly-in MTB locations on east coast?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John Harlow, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    Hey all,

    Last Saturday Suzanne and I flew up to a ski resort which has a little airstrip within walking
    distance to the slopes. It was a total blast to roll 2 activities we enjoy into one.

    If anyone has any interest in seeing what it was like to fly into this small airstrip nestled in the
    mountains of Virginia, a 17mb video is on http://www.johnnyhouse.com/images/bryce_approach.mpg .

    So, we are now scoping out possible MTB destinations on the USA East Coast which are accessible by
    aircraft. Does anyone know of such a place?

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So, we are now scoping out possible MTB destinations on the USA East Coast which are accessible by
    > aircraft. Does anyone know of such a place?

    New York?

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    >> So, we are now scoping out possible MTB destinations on the USA East Coast which are accessible
    >> by aircraft. Does anyone know of such a place?
    >
    > New York?

    Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some trails?

  4. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some
    trails?

    Is this for a small private plane or airline?

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  5. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    >> Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some trails?
    >
    > Is this for a small private plane or airline?

    Small private plane.

  6. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > >> Is there an airstrip within a short mountain biking distance to some trails?
    > >
    > > Is this for a small private plane or airline?
    >
    > Small private plane.

    Here is the whole list of small airports that can be found all over New York State. Many of them are
    close to trails in both NY and CT:

    http://www.dot.state.ny.us/pubtrans/air_dir/toc.html

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!