FLYBAR is here..............

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by duke, Jan 8, 2006.

  1. duke

    duke Guest

    Well, it has been raining like hell here in Iraq and I received the
    Flybars a couple days ago but could not try it out because of the
    weather. Yesterday during lunch we had a break and I gave it a try.

    WHAT A LOT OF FUN!!! I have one set up for my weight and only have the
    piston half way extended in order to get used to it. Soon I can extent
    the piston all the way and will be seeing the 5'-6' jumps. Yes, it
    will be a bit scary!

    The pictures are taken just outside of the door to my CHU
    (containerized housing unit), that leaks BTW. :mad:

    [image:
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/269000-269999/269576_341_full.jpg]

    [image:
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/269000-269999/269576_342_full.jpg]

    --
    duke

    Duke in Iraq
    "My Unis are smile machines"
    duke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6747

  2. Let us know how you like it, Duke; i was thinking about getting one last
    year and kinda forgot. Any plans to do a Flybar descent from a hovering
    '60?

    Best wishes and a speedy return,

    max

    --
    BraveSirStupid

    -i am a poser. face-down on pavement, mostly, although sometimes i like
    to pose face-down in grass, but my favorite pose is
    madly-flailing-arms-with-rictus-of-terror-on-my-face-
    BraveSirStupid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7738

  3. GILD

    GILD Guest

    duke wrote:
    > (containerized housing unit), that leaks BTW.

    What?
    Don't tell me you guys are out of ducttape as well?!?

    Any chances of getting a custom camo-paintjob on that Flybar of yours?

    --
    GILD

    'three short gs and a long e-flatâ„¢'
    (http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'map'
    (http://www.frappr.com/unicycleworld)
    _if_i'm_murdered,_don't_execute_my_killer._
    'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

  4. pdc

    pdc Guest

  5. nick

    nick Guest

    I designed a pogo stick for my senior mechanical engineering project. It
    uses a composite "bow" style spring, instead of a coil spring, (or
    elastonomers such as the fly bar). A company sent me three of these
    massive springs, and If I ever get around to building one, I should be
    able to jump five or six feet, no problem (I actually calculated all
    this out).

    (... or I might just use the spings to build a crossbow that can shoot
    down jets)

    --
    nick

    later,
    nick http://www.extreme.unicyclist.com
    nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/349

  6. jagur

    jagur Guest

    pogo sticks and plastic pink flamingo in Iraq....the media doesnt seem
    to report this kinda news :)

    --
    jagur

    theres enough BS in life, without mobius contributing.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  7. digigal1

    digigal1 Guest

  8. Ottawa Dave

    Ottawa Dave Guest

  9. musketman

    musketman Guest

    thats awsome, if i remember right didn't you say you have 2 flybars? If
    wo whos you give the other one to tryout?

    Its nice to see your wearing your helmet!.... lol

    That'll be awsome when you can get to 5' or 6'

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  10. duke

    duke Guest

    digigal1 wrote:
    > You're hot.
    >
    > And this from a lesbian.

    Why thank you. I am working out six days a week in addition to my Uni
    riding. It does not come easy.

    > thats awesome, if i remember right didn't you say you have 2 flybars? If
    > wo whos you give the other one to tryout?
    >
    > Its nice to see your wearing your helmet!.... lol
    >
    > That'll be awesome when you can get to 5' or 6'

    The other Flybar is in the hands of another soldier in order to spread
    the fun.

    Yesterday I wore my helmet, wrist guards and knee pads. I got around
    4-5' in the air and it is quite scary. Can't even say that it was a
    lot of fun, one wrong jump and you will be flying the wrong direction.
    It will take more practice to get comfortable at it.

    --
    duke

    Duke in Iraq
    "My Unis are smile machines"
    duke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6747

  11. trials2k

    trials2k Guest

    duke wrote:
    > Yesterday I wore my helmet, wrist guards and knee pads. I got around
    > 4-5' in the air and it is quite scary. Can't even say that it was a
    > lot of fun, one wrong jump and you will be flying the wrong direction.
    > It will take more practice to get comfortable at it.

    yeah and if u check out the flybar site u gave us the link to in the
    other thread, u can see all the crazy stuff they do on them!! :eek:
    One guy does a front flip dismount !! CRazy ppl!! lol,

    send us some more pics of u gettin massive air hehe

    --
    trials2k

    Live and Die on a uni;) **
    trials2k's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11354

  12. duke

    duke Guest

    Brian MacKenzie wrote:
    > say, are those Hesco Bastions behind you???

    Yep,
    We call them HESCO Baskets. We also believe that the rockets and
    mortars that are fired at us are also made by HESCO in order to keep
    their sales up.;)

    --
    duke

    Duke in Iraq
    "My Unis are smile machines"
    duke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6747

  13. Pogo

    Pogo Guest

    If you are interested in the Flybar you should check out www.xpogo.com

    We do stunts on all different sticks and have crazy videos of different
    tricks.

    Here are a few pictures of tricks.

    [image:
    http://xpogo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10005/I3010012.JPG]
    Heel Clicker
    [image: http://xpogo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10001/nickcop.jpg]
    Can-Can
    [image:
    http://xpogo.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10005/I3010043.JPG]
    Backflip dismount

    Let me know what you think

    --
    Pogo
    Pogo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11498

  14. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Woah! thats really cool. I think I will stick with unicycling though;)

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com