Flying into Perth WA

tonythompson

Apr 12, 2008
Hi Guys, planning to do Perth to Sydney can anyone suggest reasonable accommodation near the airport and a decent bike shop and or camping shop close by please.

Suggestions as to best time of the year - have been thinking of May next year. Any good?

Hi Tony,

May is getting into some (usually) ordinary weather. If you're a fan of cold, wind and rain - then that is the time for you :)

Around this time of the year until about November is ideal if you don't want to have to change after every ride.

The Bicycle ENtrepeneur on Gt Eastern Highway is very good - as is Hill Cycles on Albany Hwy. (Theyre both less than 5-10 mins from the airport).

As to accomodation - how long are you staying in Perth?

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Hi
thanks for that, printed off and filed in Oz folder, slight change of plans, will now do Perth to Sydney in September 2011 as decided that I prefer it hot and dry to constantly wet & cold. Yeh wimp I know plus I am contracted to do some work in April May next year.
So to console myself having to wait so long I'm about to set off on LEJOG (one end of UK to the other) about 1000+ miles and it's wet & cold here so that will no doubt be enough W & C weather fro me!

Tony

Hi Tony..we stayed at Good Earth Hotel ..Adelaide St. Good clean and bike friendly...good rates too for basic room.
One street away is Hay st at #282 you will find Cycle Centre. Has all the gear and can rent pretty cheap as well.
You can check my Perth trip here if you want.
http://kenno-brosgoeswest.blogspot.com/
Cheers and enjoy the west.

Great blog - thanks for posting - making me very Homesick! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/rolleyes.gif