Flyte Ti bikes

jrstevens

Dec 22, 2004
Anyone ridden or own a Flyte Defiant or Arsenal? This company is basically the old Airborne resurrected under a new name. Any input or feedback appreciated.

JS

jrstevens said:
Anyone ridden or own a Flyte Defiant or Arsenal? This company is basically the old Airborne resurrected under a new name. Any input or feedback appreciated.

JS
i had an airborne torch titanium frame that cracked early this year. they were reasonable about it- no problem- supposedly gave me a credit towards a new frame; then airborne went under and flyte appeared. they said they would honor their warranty commitments form airborne but they haven't-you can't even call them since they don't have a phone number anymore- so they can just ignore your emails. they answer you as long as you seem to want to buy something from them-as soon as i mention the credit-all communication stops. bottom line-very untrustworthy. avoid this person/company

I have also had bad issues with Flyte. Last year I met one of their reps and he asked if I would be willing to ride/race for them. I figured what the hey, and said I would. They gave me a discount on a complete bike built the way I wanted it. Well, I placed the order, gave them my credit card number and didn't get any bike. I went rounds with them for about three months just trying to get a bike. They kept telling me that they were short on Ti and were waiting on a new shipment. They gave me a conformation number to track my order but every time the shipment date came around, the date would change, pushing the due date further out. Well, I finally asked for a refund and had to fight like hell to get it. In the end, I felt like they were a horible company and would never recommend anything they sold. If you decide to get a bike from them, good luck, you won't be riding any time soon.

Mark

wow i've always looked at the very nice bikes on their site and thought one day i wouldn't mind owning one. if this is the way they treat cyclists ... f%*k 'em.

--brett

sideshow_bob said:
wow i've always looked at the very nice bikes on their site and thought one day i wouldn't mind owning one. if this is the way they treat cyclists ... f%*k 'em.

--brett
yes since my OP I've heard numerous complaints. glad I didn't go that route.

jrstevens said:
yes since my OP I've heard numerous complaints. glad I didn't go that route.

These guys have the same problem that many retailers of foreign manufactured goods some up against. They can't control the manufacturing and supply part of the process so they may not be able to deliver the goods. It is one thing to generate a nice website with pictures of the first run of goods, but quite another to provide a steady supply of product.

JR-see you are from the Great State of Colorado. Me too! After this whole fight with Flyte, I went to one of the local bike shops and got a killer deal on a 06 Litespeed Vortex. Now, the same shop has them on sale again for less than I was going to pay for the Flyte. Flyte claims that their bikes weigh in at 17.8 lbs and my vortex is a hair under 16. Better bike, better service, and happier cyclist.

Mark