Focus Bikes

earthmover

Jul 5, 2007
I am looking to buy a new bike for commuting and road riding, I currently riding a 15 yr old mountain bike so anything would be an improvement.

Not having much to do with bikes for a few years i am still looking about trying to decide whats best for me and getting up to speed with the new equipment etc.

I have come across the focus range of bikes which is apparently a German company, trading mainly through wiggle at the moment but on first impression the specs look very good for the price so any opinions or advice would be good and are these worth taking a look at

http://www.focus-bikes.de/englisch_neu/bikes_neu/bikes_lang_3.asp?modell=variado%20expert&kategorie=road

earthmover said:
I am looking to buy a new bike for commuting and road riding, I currently riding a 15 yr old mountain bike so anything would be an improvement.

Not having much to do with bikes for a few years i am still looking about trying to decide whats best for me and getting up to speed with the new equipment etc.

I have come across the focus range of bikes which is apparently a German company, trading mainly through wiggle at the moment but on first impression the specs look very good for the price so any opinions or advice would be good and are these worth taking a look at

http://www.focus-bikes.de/englisch_neu/bikes_neu/bikes_lang_3.asp?modell=variado%20expert&kategorie=road
They generally get very good reviews in the cycling magazines. So, if there is one that takes your fancy, it ought to be a decent bike. That said they are basically all internet orders, so I don't think you check for sizing at a shop.

KellyT said:
They generally get very good reviews in the cycling magazines. So, if there is one that takes your fancy, it ought to be a decent bike. That said they are basically all internet orders, so I don't think you check for sizing at a shop.
thats my biggest concern buying without seeing it first, I hav had a look at th specialized allez elite 30 which i like and seems pretty good