Focus Fat boy 2012 or Corratec x-vert expert 2010?

martinaustad

Aug 26, 2011
Hi all,

I am trying to decide on a new mountain bike and would apreciate any help! I have looked at Focus Fat boy 2012 and Corratec x-vert expert 2010. Both models of my size (XL) are in stock at local stores.
The focus is the new 2012 model and has just arrived. Its 30 speed but otherwise is much the same as the Corratec which I would get cheaper on a good offer. I cannot find any of the specs on the focus 2012 bikes as yet online but here are the specs of the Corratec:
http://www.corratec.de/en/bikes2010/mtb/classic_hardtails/x-vert_expert.php

I have friends who own focus bikes and are very happy with them, but i had not heard of the Corratec make and there seems to be very little info and reviews online. Have any of you any experience with Corratec bikes or even better this specific model?
So should I go for the 30 speed Fat boy or should I save my hard earned cash and get the Corratec?

Thanks a lot!

cheers

martin austad

Martin, I am not well versed in MTBs and have not heard of the Corratec either. It appears to be a good bike from the website that you provided. I have encountered Focus MTBs before and they are pretty good bikes from what I have seen. I think that your best course of action would be to test ride both bikes and pick the one that you like best. If both are in stock at your local stores, you should not have too much of a problem getting a test ride.