Focusing on hills (whilst on holiday)

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by bikerjoe, Jun 21, 2006.

1. bikerjoe

bikerjoe New Member

I have a family holiday in the South of France this year in the next few weeks and of course taking the bike, to get in some early morning rides :rolleyes:

I want to get the benefit of a few weeks away to come back to the road racing (and odd TTs) back home. I not climbing as well as I would like and thought best opportunity whilst I will be pretty near the pyrenees, is to take advantage of that.I have two weeks, so I had thought of getting focusing the majority of my training in the hills, say few hard day in the hills following with some easy pedalling and then repeating this?

Tags:

2. Orange Fish

Orange Fish New Member

I'd suggest just going out and enjoying the mountains. Two weeks in the Pyrenees won't do anything for your climbing except make you hurt a lot during your time there. Instead of killing yourself with climbing repeats, get some nice long rides in and enjoy the scenery. :)

3. dm69

dm69 New Member

plus 1. Just torture yourself, and enjoy it;) . Hill repeats are for the boring hills at home. Work on your endurance with some long rolling rides and maybe a few BIG BIG hills thrown in for "fun".