Focusing on hills (whilst on holiday)

bikerjoe

Oct 24, 2002
I have a family holiday in the South of France this year in the next few weeks and of course taking the bike, to get in some early morning rides :rolleyes:

I want to get the benefit of a few weeks away to come back to the road racing (and odd TTs) back home. I not climbing as well as I would like and thought best opportunity whilst I will be pretty near the pyrenees, is to take advantage of that.I have two weeks, so I had thought of getting focusing the majority of my training in the hills, say few hard day in the hills following with some easy pedalling and then repeating this?

I'd suggest just going out and enjoying the mountains. Two weeks in the Pyrenees won't do anything for your climbing except make you hurt a lot during your time there. Instead of killing yourself with climbing repeats, get some nice long rides in and enjoy the scenery. :)

bikerjoe said:
I have a family holiday in the South of France this year in the next few weeks and of course taking the bike, to get in some early morning rides :rolleyes:

I want to get the benefit of a few weeks away to come back to the road racing (and odd TTs) back home. I not climbing as well as I would like and thought best opportunity whilst I will be pretty near the pyrenees, is to take advantage of that.I have two weeks, so I had thought of getting focusing the majority of my training in the hills, say few hard day in the hills following with some easy pedalling and then repeating this?

plus 1. Just torture yourself, and enjoy it;) . Hill repeats are for the boring hills at home. Work on your endurance with some long rolling rides and maybe a few BIG BIG hills thrown in for "fun".