Fold Rush, or p38 for travel?

midnightcyclist

Jul 7, 2005
Hello,
I ride a Tour easy daily, after trading up from a sport le. I love this bike, I usually ride 75 miles per day or so, around 4 days a week. I was planning a trip from la to san diego, to return by train, only to learn that the lwb can not be taken on the train home. This has sparked a few questions. I will travel from time to time, and would like to take a bent with me. I rode a p38 around the block, and to be honest, it didn't feel that great. It could be that I will need to get used to this position, the bike I rode was also 1 size too small. The fold rush would be my other choice, as the wheel would fold and could go on the train or in a box to fly with. I am 6'0, 225lbs. Any ideas would really be appreciated!!

Just from the comments I've seen over past year or so, I think the "couplered" P38 would be the bike if you need a bike that packs to airline-legal (almost) size. OTOH, I never hear of frame problems with the Easy Racers bikes, which can't be said for the P38. One other option is to have a TE built with couplers, or to have couplers added to your current TE. You give up the quick-fold and the suspension of the Fold Rush, but you only need one bike. The P38 of course has no quick-fold option. You've already touched on the issue of fit/comfort, which is highly personal. Note: I have no direct experience with either bike. If you haven't made the same query on www.bentrideronline.com I encourage you to do so - there are folks there with 1000's of miles on each of those bikes, and even some with miles on both.

HTH,