Fold Rush

Randy Rhine

Guest
Anybody here have a Fold Rush? I was thinking of a GRR, but the dealer
has a FR in my size on the floor. And it would make it easier to fit in
the bed of my truck. Could close the tailgate, which I like to do on
longer distances. How does it compare to a GRR or TE? Can it be folded
with a fender and/or rack on?

thanks,

rr

Randy,
BROL has a review in the archives. Any one who has ridden one has raved
about the "feel" of the ride.

No one has said it seemed slow, although it must be a bit heavier and
therefore slower up hills.

I would say that the fold capability eliminates the biggest bad about LWB,
by making it easy to transport.

Miles of Smiles,
Tom

Randy,

My wife Terry and I each have a Fold Rush. I also have a GRR. I can tell
no difference in speed between the FRR and the GRR. It seems (or maybe I
want to believe) that the FRR is as fast or slightly faster than the FRR.
There might be a slight difference in climbing ability favoring the GRR but
I can't feel it. The FRR is a much smoother bike to ride with the elastomer
in the back. It won't smooth out potholes but seems to eliminate those
annoying cracks in the highway.

You can fold the FRR with the rack attached, but then the rack is at the
bottom of the wheel so you would have to make a small platform for the FRR's
rear wheel to sit on if you were to carry the bike in the back of a pickup.
Easy to do.

I'm going to be selling my medium GRR and keep my FRR when my Split Easy
Burro arrives in about 2 weeks. Terry's medium/small Fold Rush is for sale
now that her Split Easy Burro has arrived.

Enjoy,

Perry B

"Randy Rhine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anybody here have a Fold Rush? I was thinking of a GRR, but the dealer
> has a FR in my size on the floor. And it would make it easier to fit in
> the bed of my truck. Could close the tailgate, which I like to do on
> longer distances. How does it compare to a GRR or TE? Can it be folded
> with a fender and/or rack on?
>
> thanks,
>
> rr

Well, my split easy burro search produced no results.... can you tell me who
makes it so I can take a look...

--
..
Arne, USA (member of the human tribe)
"Perry Butler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I'm going to be selling my medium GRR and keep my FRR when my Split Easy
> Burro arrives in about 2 weeks. Terry's medium/small Fold Rush is for

sale
> now that her Split Easy Burro has arrived.

I might be worth posting this question on the easyracers.com forums.
There might be more fold rush owners willing to answer these
questions.

Thanks to those that answered. I found the BROL review. And...I could
alway ask the dealer when I go for a test ride in the next day or two.

rr

Alan Mushnick wrote:
> I might be worth posting this question on the easyracers.com forums.
> There might be more fold rush owners willing to answer these
> questions.

Randy Rhine <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anybody here have a Fold Rush? I was thinking of a GRR, but the dealer
> has a FR in my size on the floor. And it would make it easier to fit in
> the bed of my truck. Could close the tailgate, which I like to do on
> longer distances. How does it compare to a GRR or TE? Can it be folded
> with a fender and/or rack on?

I don't have a Fold Rush, but a couple of my friends do. It will fold
with a rack and fender in place. One disadvantage of the Fold is that
it's not compatible with a kickstand- an annoyance or an
inconvienence, depending.

One local FR owner carries it on a hitch rack on the back of his
Toyota Corolla along with his wife's Bikee. They're a couple weeks
away from getting her a Fold Rush, too.

Jeff

I to am curious about what a "split easy burro" is.

rr

Arne wrote:
> Well, my split easy burro search produced no results.... can you tell me who
> makes it so I can take a look...

c'mon folks, can some one tell us what a "split easy burro" is? I'm not
sleeping at night.....
..

[email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Randy Rhine <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Anybody here have a Fold Rush? I was thinking of a GRR, but the dealer
> > has a FR in my size on the floor. And it would make it easier to fit in
> > the bed of my truck. Could close the tailgate, which I like to do on
> > longer distances. How does it compare to a GRR or TE? Can it be folded
> > with a fender and/or rack on?
> >

> I don't have a Fold Rush, but a couple of my friends do. It will fold
> with a rack and fender in place. One disadvantage of the Fold is that
> it's not compatible with a kickstand- an annoyance or an
> inconvienence, depending.
>
> One local FR owner carries it on a hitch rack on the back of his
> Toyota Corolla along with his wife's Bikee. They're a couple weeks
> away from getting her a Fold Rush, too.
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

I have a kickstand on my Fold Rush. You can't use the one with two
legs, that mounts to the bottom tubes, as the tire passes up between
these two tubes when it folds, but a stay/side mounted Greenfield
stand works adequately.
Joe

Sounds like it might be a nice option to make available as a special
order, semi-production bike. Anyway...I started this thread and want to
thank those that answered. I ordered a Fold Rush the other day and am
anxiously awaiting it arrival. The one at the LBS just barely fit, so I
was able to get a decent test ride, but they convinced me that one size
larger would be better. So...I wait. In the meantime, I'll make due with
my EZ Sport...which is a pretty nice bike as well. Just not in the same
class.

rr
http://www.randyrhine.com