Foldable Bikes

Some years back, I was looking at a foldable bike that I think I had posted in this site. It was quite expensive that's why I was hesitating to buy. But from my evaluation, it would be a good bike for those who will use it for their job like a messenger since he can carry it inside the building that he goes to if there is not parking for his bike. And when it rains, he can take the bus with his folded bike. But for a regular rider that is not connected to the job, I guess the regular bike is better because it is cheaper.

Foldable bikes are actually great to use and really help with space issues, but you really want to have the good quality ones which are more expensive, so it depends on your budget for the bike.

I guess it kind of offers more security because you can at least carry it around sometimes instead of leaving it in the parking lot. Although it could also be easier for thieves to carry. If you leave it unguarded they could easily carry it out of sight.

When commuting one of the concerns is parking. So what about foldable bikes, do these solve this problem and are a good solution or not really?

I don't think foldable bikes are a solution because it usually takes time, tools and effort to fold and pack a foldable bike so that you can bring it to your place of work and this tends to be bothersome. It also depends on your place of work, if they allow people to carry their bikes inside the office even though it's folded and bagged.