Foldable Portable Kick Stand

GreatWhiteShark

Jul 31, 2013
My current kick stand when up rubs on the rubber tire.

I have had it worked on, but it just eventually started returning to rubbing on the tire.

I was thinking maybe, I should get a Foldable Portable kick Stand.

Three-positive I can see, is that there is no need for repairs and cannot see it damaging any part of my bicycle, if not stolen or kick out from bicycle it would save money that would have been spent of repairs or replace the standard kick stand in the long run.

There are three-concerns I have, with purchasing one:

1st. The cost verses repairing my current kick stand, if possible to fix it forever, my former mechanic could never get it to work.

2nd. The cost verses standard kick stand,

3rd. It just seems like someone could kick the kick stand out from under the bicycle.

4th. It just seems like someone could steal it and it cannot be locked to the bicycle.

What do you guys think of The Foldable/Portable Bicycle Kick Stand?

Should I spend that much money for it?

Quote: Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark .
My current kick stand when up rubs on the rubber tire.

I have had it worked on, but it just eventually started returning to rubbing on the tire.

I was thinking maybe, I should get a Foldable Portable kick Stand.

Three-positive I can see, is that there is no need for repairs and cannot see it damaging any part of my bicycle, if not stolen or kick out from bicycle it would save money that would have been spent of repairs or replace the standard kick stand in the long run.

There are three-concerns I have, with purchasing one:

1st. The cost verses repairing my current kick stand, if possible to fix it forever, my former mechanic could never get it to work.

2nd. The cost verses standard kick stand,

3rd. It just seems like someone could kick the kick stand out from under the bicycle.

4th. It just seems like someone could steal it and it cannot be locked to the bicycle.

What do you guys think of The Foldable/Portable Bicycle Kick Stand?

Should I spend that much money for it?

If I get it right the kickstand that you are using is fixed on the rear chainstay or bolted near the bottom bracket, then after a while it starts moving around and it starts to rub on the wheel tire.

Maybe you can fix it by using some liquid thread lock (that blue goo that they use to fix bolts when they are becoming loose under vibration):

Another option could be to fix the kick stand on 2 points, so it wont move around, with the bolt plus a zip-tie or something.

Volnix,

Thank You, for your helpful post.

The Kick Stand is located opposite side of the back gears and Etc.

I really like the simple solution of zip tie, as long as I could figure a way to un-zip/take off the zip tie and reattach the zip tie, again. You know we get a lot of those bread ties, it would nice to find a second use for them; but I doubt they have the strength to hold the kick stand still.

Quote: Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark .
I really like the simple solution of zip tie, as long as I could figure a way to un-zip/take off the zip tie and reattach the zip tie, again.

I was thinking more of attaching the unmovable parts of the kickstand to the frame with the zip-tie, like the part that is bolted on the frame. So it will be fixed on two points and wont move around. But if its one of those kickstands that are fixed on the chainstay does in rotate around the chainstay reaching the tire?

In that case, if the kickstand is clamped on the chainstay maybe you could place some rubber bands - pads on the fixing points to provide friction so it wont rotate on the chainstay. Like one of those rubber bands that come with bike light frame mounts.

You could maybe make one of those with an old bike tube or something.

For securing the kick stand to the chainstay maybe you could use a velcro-strap?

Volnix,

I really like how you find the simple and easy solutions. I will have to try that; heck, I may have one laying around somewhere to.

Hope it works... Good luck.
smile.png

Reactions: GreatWhiteShark