Folders on train, bbc article

PoB wrote:
> Apologies if this has been posted already, my news connection is very slow,
> and drops a lot of posts.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7372956.stm
>
> Generally sympathetic to the idea, which is nice.

It appears to be partly inspired by a letter in the telegraph last month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/04/17/nosplit/dt1701.xml#head7
discussed here.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk...2be?lnk=gst&q=commuter+train#9d3b9bec0f04f2be

The BBC article interviews the same guy that wrote the telegraph letter.
Looks like Mr Pyle (Unfortunate name) has got his 5 minutes of fame.

On Tue, 06 May 2008 17:02:30 +0100, PoB wrote:

> Apologies if this has been posted already, my news connection is very slow,
> and drops a lot of posts.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7372956.stm
>
> Generally sympathetic to the idea, which is nice.

"He complains that bikes, even folding ones, take up too much room."

Probably about the same amount of space that an item of luggage requires -
something which many modern trains don't provide for very well.

peter