Folding Bicycles

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by irishshoe, Feb 15, 2006.

1. irishshoe

irishshoe New Member

I was wondering if anyone has ever used or heard of people that have used folding bicycles? especially Dahon brand. If so, what are some of the major problems that people have had with either specific brands, or just overall?

Tags:

2. Michelleh

Michelleh New Member

Fat Cyclist loves his
    "
    Thank You, Dahon

The Dahon Flo I’ve been riding was a dream this whole ride. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so confident on a bike (at least, until the PCE). It's not just a good bike for travelling; it's one of the best mountain bikes I have ever ridden. Who would have ever expected that from a break-apart bike?"

Flo is Go

This was the also the first time I’d had a chance to ride the Dahon Flo offroad, and so far I’m very impressed. I had hoped it would be a good bike to lug around for when I’m out of town. It turns out that this is a good bike, period. The saddle is far enough back over the rear tire that I was climbing without slipping. The steel frame felt just right — not harsh, not flexy. The components were top-notch: Rock Shox Reba fork, Avid disc brakes (especially nice when it’s wet outside), SRAM shifters.

Before long, I stopped thinking about the fact that the rear triangle can disconnect from the front on this bike. I’m no longer going to think of this as a travel bike. Instead, I’m going to think of it as a great mountain bike that travels.

See http://spaces.msn.com/fatcyclist/ 2nd Feb and 30 Jan