Folding bike at Busselton

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DaveB, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    ******
    WARNING: The following post contains references to triathlon. Although
    running is not specifically mentioned, if the thought of running or
    anything associated with running, or even the word running offends you,
    please avert your gaze. And please don't point out the obvious that
    including this sentnece I have now mentioned running five times.
    ******

    Was reading the latest Triathlon Australia mag and saw a picture of a
    guy doing the Busselton Ironman tri on a folding bike. You'd have to be
    keen. 180km would be hard yakka at the best of times, let alone on the
    folding bike. Some of the new folding bikes look pretty swish but it
    still looked pretty insane, although he really looked to be enjoying
    himself (probably more evidence of insanity).

    DaveB

    Tags:

  2. "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Was reading the latest Triathlon Australia mag and saw a picture of a
    > guy doing the Busselton Ironman tri on a folding bike. You'd have to be
    > keen. 180km would be hard yakka at the best of times, let alone on the
    > folding bike. Some of the new folding bikes look pretty swish but it
    > still looked pretty insane, although he really looked to be enjoying
    > himself (probably more evidence of insanity).
    >
    > DaveB

    He got some of the loudest cheers.

    Marty

  3. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote
    > ******
    > WARNING: The following post contains references to triathlon. Although
    > running is not specifically mentioned, if the thought of running or
    > anything associated with running, or even the word running offends you,
    > please avert your gaze. And please don't point out the obvious that
    > including this sentnece I have now mentioned running five times.
    > ******

    "Ahhh! My eyes!! These goggles, they do nothing!"

    > Was reading the latest Triathlon Australia mag and saw a picture of a guy
    > doing the Busselton Ironman tri on a folding bike. You'd have to be keen.
    > 180km would be hard yakka at the best of times, let alone on the folding
    > bike. Some of the new folding bikes look pretty swish but it still looked
    > pretty insane, although he really looked to be enjoying himself (probably
    > more evidence of insanity).

    One of these: http://www.airnimal.com/ ??
    They look fast anyway :)

    hippy

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Yeah. they ARE fast. had a ride of oe down at PeterMoore Cycles when an old acquaintance rocked up on one. running 23mm tyres it was REAL quick. and accelerated like a big-hairy-accelerating-thing!
    The bike Fridays ar apparently pretty quick when roadified too...

    Oh, and DaveB. one word... "RUNNER!"

  5. "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > ******
    > > WARNING: The following post contains references to triathlon. Although
    > > running is not specifically mentioned, if the thought of running or
    > > anything associated with running, or even the word running offends you,
    > > please avert your gaze. And please don't point out the obvious that
    > > including this sentnece I have now mentioned running five times.
    > > ******

    I've become so used to not reading disclaimers that this one slipped right
    by me.
    Swimming's my pet hate anyway.

    > "Ahhh! My eyes!! These goggles, they do nothing!"
    >
    > > Was reading the latest Triathlon Australia mag and saw a picture of a

    guy
    > > doing the Busselton Ironman tri on a folding bike. You'd have to be

    keen.
    > > 180km would be hard yakka at the best of times, let alone on the folding
    > > bike. Some of the new folding bikes look pretty swish but it still

    looked
    > > pretty insane, although he really looked to be enjoying himself

    (probably
    > > more evidence of insanity).

    > One of these: http://www.airnimal.com/ ??
    > They look fast anyway :)
    >
    > hippy

    Standouts at Busselton along with the folding bike guy was the guy in the
    Bumble bee suit, the wheelchair guys, the skipping guy with the shot knee,
    and getting a high five from the winner as he ran down the finish chute.
    What amazing people!

    Here's a repost to my pictures.
    http://www.hyperactive.oz.nf/Iron/busselton_2004.htm

    Marty

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Marty Wallace" <[email protected]
    > I've become so used to not reading disclaimers that this one slipped right
    > by me. Swimming's my pet hate anyway.

    Arrr! Not the 'S' word.. Arrrr.. hehe.. lol..sorry.. i'll go back outside..

    hippy

  7. JH

    JH Guest

    "DaveB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ******
    > WARNING: The following post contains references to triathlon. Although
    > running is not specifically mentioned, if the thought of running or
    > anything associated with running, or even the word running offends you,
    > please avert your gaze. And please don't point out the obvious that
    > including this sentnece I have now mentioned running five times.
    > ******
    >
    > Was reading the latest Triathlon Australia mag and saw a picture of a guy
    > doing the Busselton Ironman tri on a folding bike. You'd have to be keen.
    > 180km would be hard yakka at the best of times, let alone on the folding
    > bike. Some of the new folding bikes look pretty swish but it still looked
    > pretty insane, although he really looked to be enjoying himself (probably
    > more evidence of insanity).
    >
    > DaveB

    IM-WA is on Channel 9 this Saturday 12.30pm, as well as the Tour Down Under
    11.55pm on SBS.

    jh