Folding Bike forum?

Lalato

Oct 4, 2007
Hi there...
I'm wondering if it might be possible to add a spot to discuss folding bikes specifically? If not, no biggie, but I think it would be a good addition to the forum. In the meantime, I've just been using the search function. :)

--sam

Lalato

Oct 4, 2007
Bumpasaurus:cool:

I won't keep bumping this forever... but I am surprised that not a single mod has replied to this.

--sam

Scotty_Dog

Jul 30, 2004
Besides yourself, there doesn't seem like much demand for a dedicated folding bike forum.

If you have questions, comments, or other observations regarding folding bikes, why not just start up a topic?

Lalato

Oct 4, 2007
Actually, I received one PM from another user regarding my post, so there is at least one other user that is interested. And by the look of the number of people that have viewed this thread, but not replied it seems that people may at least have a passing interest in the topic.

As for starting a thread... sure... the question is where would it be appropriate to do so?

Don't get me wrong, I realize that folders are a niche product, and that there are relatively few people using them (at least in North America), but they are popular elsewhere and, I think, probably deserve a forum. Heck... there's a Unicycling forum! ;) :p

--sam

p.s. not trying to say anything bad about unicycling, just noting that it is also a niche product related to cycling.

ThatBiker

Aug 1, 2005
No kidding about it, there should be a link in the "Other Stuff" section. Comparing the total of unicyclist to folding bike owners, I'm sure there would be far more foldie owners. Too bad too, this looks like a pretty good site otherwise. In the mean time we have bikeforums.net to get our foldie stuff done.

BTW looking for foldie info is what got me here today and also gone today too!

Lalato

Oct 4, 2007
Yep... bikeforums.net is definitely the spot for folder talk... but the moderators of this forum appear to be absent. Not sure what's up with that.

--sam