Folding Bike Wheel Sizes

Captain

Guest
Anyone have a suggestion on the best wheel size for a Folder ?
Concerned more with quality of ride than smallest package.

20" is a good compromise although I have managed with 16" on a Brompton.

SW

news:[email protected]...

Captain wrote:
> Anyone have a suggestion on the best wheel size for a Folder ?
> Concerned more with quality of ride than smallest package.

Rule of thumb is that bigger wheels roll better, but there's more to it
than that if you factor in things like tyres and suspension. A
suspended 16" setup might well give a better ride than a 700c
unsuspended, /if/ the suspension is done well and you've got good high
pressure tyres.

What particular sort of riding do you have in mind, and where does the
[lack of] fold become a problem, both in terms of size and effort
required to get to it?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK