Folding Bikes

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by grobbins(remove to reply), Apr 6, 2004.

  1. I need some help to select a suitable folding bike.

    It will be used for suburban rides, occasional full day rides and an
    annual Big Ride. Does not need to carry a full set of paniers but a
    single bag on the back is almost essential. I'm getting on in years and
    need a granny gear. Would be interested in comments on dual drives.

    I like the look of the Airnimal, Birdie and Friday but think that the
    Moulton is ugly.

    Prefer not to spend more than $1500.

    What would you advise?

    Graham Robbins

    Tags:

  2. Jack Russell

    Jack Russell Guest

    At that price I think your only choices would be the Dahon or second
    hand. Have ridden the Dahon, seemed ok but I am no expert. I think there
    was one on the NZ big ride so it can not be that bad.

    --
    Remove norubbish to reply direct

    Jack Russell

  3. Hi, I have a "New world tourist" 3 x 7 BIKEFRIDAY, I got it in 1997 and have toured extensively through Europe on it, while I lived there for 3 years. Have a look: www.geocities.com/carlhemmings/