Folding lightweight cycles

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Bonny, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Bonny

    Bonny Guest

    I am wanting to find stockists of the lightest in weight folding bikes in London. The weight is
    important as I am unable to carry heavy loads. This has to be transported on public transport to and
    fro and not being a car owner the weight is the factor. Any news will be welcomed. Thank you

    Tags:

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    [email protected] (Bonny) writes:

    > I am wanting to find stockists of the lightest in weight folding bikes in London. The weight is
    > important as I am unable to carry heavy loads. This has to be transported on public transport to
    > and fro and not being a car owner the weight is the factor. Any news will be welcomed. Thank you

    You're probably looking for a Birdy or Frog made by riese und mueller. Slightly larger when folded
    than a Brompton but significantly lighter and more enjoyable to ride.

    Start with http://www.atob.org.uk which is the Web site for Ato B Magazine. Their site will have
    much information that will interest you.

    Also http://www.foldsoc.org.uk (I think; if not try Googling for "The Folding Society")

    http://www.bikefix.co.uk is a London folding bike dealer. Avon Valley Cycles is another option,
    although it is in Bath. http://www.foldingbikes.co.uk is their Web site.