folding rack cages (panniers)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kbh, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    Saw some folding rear rack cages, sort of like metal panniers, on a bike yesterday, and thought
    "hey, those would be nice on my city bike". I couldn't get 'em off (JK), so where can I buy some?

    Thanks,

    Kyle

    Tags:

  2. dane

    dane Guest

    KBH <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Saw some folding rear rack cages, sort of like metal panniers, on a bike yesterday, and thought
    > "hey, those would be nice on my city bike". I couldn't get 'em off (JK), so where can I buy some?

    It sounds like you're talking about Wald folding baskets. I have two of them on my errand bike. I've
    found them quite nice for hauling things home from the grocery store.

    Google for "wald folding basket" and you can find plenty of places that sell them online. I picked
    up one of mine from a LBS (Recycled Cycles in Seattle) and one online.

    --
    Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g "A University without students is like an
    ointment without a fly." -- Ed Nather, professor of astronomy at UT Austin

    Google search for "grocery bag panniers" or item 00-3978A at www.performancebike.com
    (they're $43.99).

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "KBH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Saw some folding rear rack cages, sort of like metal panniers, on a bike yesterday, and thought
    > "hey, those would be nice on my city bike". I couldn't get 'em off (JK), so where can I buy some?

    Wald's classic folding baskets , #582, are available at most bicycle stores. They come in singles or
    pairs, chrome white or black and fit on almost all rear carriers. Their "footprint" is the size of a
    12-pack or a paper grocery bag.