folding rack cages (panniers)

Kbh

Guest
Saw some folding rear rack cages, sort of like metal panniers, on a bike yesterday, and thought
"hey, those would be nice on my city bike". I couldn't get 'em off (JK), so where can I buy some?

Thanks,

Kyle

KBH <[email protected]> wrote:
> Saw some folding rear rack cages, sort of like metal panniers, on a bike yesterday, and thought
> "hey, those would be nice on my city bike". I couldn't get 'em off (JK), so where can I buy some?

It sounds like you're talking about Wald folding baskets. I have two of them on my errand bike. I've
found them quite nice for hauling things home from the grocery store.

Google for "wald folding basket" and you can find plenty of places that sell them online. I picked
up one of mine from a LBS (Recycled Cycles in Seattle) and one online.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g "A University without students is like an
ointment without a fly." -- Ed Nather, professor of astronomy at UT Austin

Google search for "grocery bag panniers" or item 00-3978A at www.performancebike.com
(they're $43.99).

"KBH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:HoiMa.9329$fG.3715@sccrnsc01...
> Saw some folding rear rack cages, sort of like metal panniers, on a bike yesterday, and thought
> "hey, those would be nice on my city bike". I couldn't get 'em off (JK), so where can I buy some?

Wald's classic folding baskets , #582, are available at most bicycle stores. They come in singles or
pairs, chrome white or black and fit on almost all rear carriers. Their "footprint" is the size of a
12-pack or a paper grocery bag.