Folks: if you MUST reply to the troll, can you clean up the subject?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Bay Area Dave, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. try substituting "blah blah blah". The psycho will still see
    your handiwork...sigh. I've been guilty of forgetting to
    clean them up each time too...but I'm not replying much and
    I'm taking more time to remove the offensive words.

    other hot button words the troll starts using. Also filter
    on "bay area dave" or "B.A.D."

    dave
     
    Tags:


  2. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Bay Area Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > try substituting "blah blah blah". The psycho will still
    > see your handiwork...sigh. I've been guilty of forgetting
    > to clean them up each time too...but I'm not replying much
    > and I'm taking more time to remove the offensive words.
    >

    > other hot button words the troll starts using. Also filter
    > on "bay area dave" or "B.A.D."

    Yeah, it's getting rather disgusting to see that same stuff
    time and time again.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/
     
  3. Bay Area Dave <[email protected]> wrote on Tue, 08 Jun 2004 02:02:38 GMT:
    > try substituting "blah blah blah". The psycho will still
    > see your handiwork...sigh. I've been guilty of forgetting
    > to clean them up each time too...but I'm not replying much
    > and I'm taking more time to remove the offensive words.

    > button words the troll starts using. Also filter on "bay
    > area dave" or "B.A.D."

    Hey, Dave, is that you suggesting we should killfile you?
    ;-)

    > dave

    --
    Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany) Email: [email protected]; to
    decode, wherever there is a repeated letter (like "aa"),
    remove half of them (leaving, say, "a").
     
  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:43:19 -0400, "Julie Bove"
    <[email protected]bestweb.net> wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >"Bay Area Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> try substituting "blah blah blah". The psycho will still
    >> see your handiwork...sigh. I've been guilty of
    >> forgetting to clean them up each time too...but I'm not
    >> replying much and I'm taking more time to remove the
    >> offensive words.
    >>

    >> other hot button words the troll starts using. Also
    >> filter on "bay area dave" or "B.A.D."
    >
    >Yeah, it's getting rather disgusting to see that same stuff
    >time and time again.

    Yet you consistently encourage it even after all this time.
    LOL
     
  5. no. I'm suggestion filtering on "subject"; not author.

    dave

    Alan Mackenzie wrote:
    > Bay Area Dave <[email protected]> wrote on Tue, 08 Jun 2004
    > 02:02:38 GMT:
    >
    >>try substituting "blah blah blah". The psycho will still
    >>see your handiwork...sigh. I've been guilty of forgetting
    >>to clean them up each time too...but I'm not replying much
    >>and I'm taking more time to remove the offensive words.
    >
    >

    >>button words the troll starts using. Also filter on "bay
    >>area dave" or "B.A.D."
    >
    >
    > Hey, Dave, is that you suggesting we should killfile
    > you? ;-)
    >
    >
    >>dave
     
  6. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Julie Bove wrote:

    I bet this advice is the reason the idiot is now telling us
    we're all doomed with "nipple" in a .sig block.

    Best to NOT respond and instead notify the unwitting
    accomplices (in other words, the services helping it do
    the trolling)

    --
    Wes Groleau "Grant me the serenity to accept those I cannot
    change; the courage to change the one I can; and the wisdom
    to know it's me." -- unknown
     
  7. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Wes Groleau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > Julie Bove wrote:

    <snip>

    Looks like somebody (don't know who) didn't snip properly. I
    didn't write what was quoted above.
    >
    > I bet this advice is the reason the idiot is now telling
    > us we're all doomed with "nipple" in a .sig block.
    >
    > Best to NOT respond and instead notify the unwitting
    > accomplices (in other words, the services helping it do
    > the trolling)

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/
     
  8. not.

    dave

    Pete wrote:

    >
    > Yet you consistently encourage it even after all this
    > time. LOL
     
  9. trolls lose their enthusiasm when no one responds, so
    imploring folks to ignore the twit is the best line of
    defense. (Not that reporting his sorry ass isn't another
    good option; one that I have pursued with vigor.)

    dave

    Wes Groleau wrote:

    > Julie Bove wrote:
    >

    >
    >
    > I bet this advice is the reason the idiot is now telling
    > us we're all doomed with "nipple" in a .sig block.
    >
    > Best to NOT respond and instead notify the unwitting
    > accomplices (in other words, the services helping it do
    > the trolling)
     
  10. Dolkian

    Dolkian Guest

    Did you ever get your Quick-Set Inserter?

    Bay Area Dave wrote:

    > trolls lose their enthusiasm when no one responds, so
    > imploring folks to ignore the twit is the best line of
    > defense. (Not that reporting his sorry ass isn't another
    > good option; one that I have pursued with vigor.)
    >
    > dave
    >
    > Wes Groleau wrote:
    >
    >> Julie Bove wrote:
    >>

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> I bet this advice is the reason the idiot is now telling
    >> us we're all doomed with "nipple" in a .sig block.
    >>
    >> Best to NOT respond and instead notify the unwitting
    >> accomplices (in other words, the services helping it do
    >> the trolling)
    >
     
  11. no. I don't use the quick sets.

    dave

    Dolkian wrote:

    > Did you ever get your Quick-Set Inserter?
    >
    > Bay Area Dave wrote:
    >
    >> trolls lose their enthusiasm when no one responds, so
    >> imploring folks to ignore the twit is the best line of
    >> defense. (Not that reporting his sorry ass isn't another
    >> good option; one that I have pursued with vigor.)
    >>
    >> dave
    >>
    >> Wes Groleau wrote:
    >>
    >>> Julie Bove wrote:
    >>>

    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I bet this advice is the reason the idiot is now telling
    >>> us we're all doomed with "nipple" in a .sig block.
    >>>
    >>> Best to NOT respond and instead notify the unwitting
    >>> accomplices (in other words, the services helping it do
    >>> the trolling)
    >>>
    >
     
  12. Dolkian

    Dolkian Guest

    Sorry, thought you had requested some.

    Bay Area Dave wrote:

    > no. I don't use the quick sets.
    >
    > dave
    >
    > Dolkian wrote:
    >
    >> Did you ever get your Quick-Set Inserter?
    >>
    >> Bay Area Dave wrote:
    >>
    >>> trolls lose their enthusiasm when no one responds, so
    >>> imploring folks to ignore the twit is the best line of
    >>> defense. (Not that reporting his sorry ass isn't another
    >>> good option; one that I have pursued with vigor.)
    >>>
    >>> dave
    >>>
    >>> Wes Groleau wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Julie Bove wrote:
    >>>>

    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> I bet this advice is the reason the idiot is now
    >>>> telling us we're all doomed with "nipple" in a .sig
    >>>> block.
    >>>>
    >>>> Best to NOT respond and instead notify the unwitting
    >>>> accomplices (in other words, the services helping it do
    >>>> the trolling)
    >>>>
    >>>
    >
     
  13. it's an option that remains open. no rush!

    dave

    Dolkian wrote:

    > Sorry, thought you had requested some.
    >
    > Bay Area Dave wrote:
    >
    >> no. I don't use the quick sets.
    >>
    >> dave
    >>
    >> Dolkian wrote:
    >>
    >>> Did you ever get your Quick-Set Inserter?
    >>>
    >>> Bay Area Dave wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> trolls lose their enthusiasm when no one responds, so
    >>>> imploring folks to ignore the twit is the best line of
    >>>> defense. (Not that reporting his sorry ass isn't
    >>>> another good option; one that I have pursued with
    >>>> vigor.)
    >>>>
    >>>> dave
    >>>>
    >>>> Wes Groleau wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Julie Bove wrote:
    >>>>>

    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I bet this advice is the reason the idiot is now
    >>>>> telling us we're all doomed with "nipple" in a .sig
    >>>>> block.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Best to NOT respond and instead notify the unwitting
    >>>>> accomplices (in other words, the services helping it
    >>>>> do the trolling)
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >
     
Loading...