Follow up: Bad crash

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Andy Smith, Apr 8, 2003.

  1. Andy Smith

    Andy Smith Guest

    After my crash on Saturday (that I posted here about), which left my bike prohibitively expensive to
    repair, I have finally decided to go for my new bike. After shopping around, I've decided to go for
    the Graham Weigh
    7005/carbon fork bike, with Miche sprockets, chainwheels, etc. and Campag xenon shifters, including
    the ergo levers, from deeside cycles. I'm impressed with the spec for the price (£425), even
    though I did decide I would push my budget to get a little more of what I wanted.

    It seems to be that anything outside of either bottom campag/shimano stuff, you must be willing to
    spend over 500 quid (for new) - something I can't really stretch to now.

    This will be my first bike with a few 'new' things, like indexed shifting for one. Talking of
    shifters, I had a play with the xenon ergo levers, and I do like them better than the Sora levers
    (the other on the bars alternate at this level), but the plasticness does concern me a little.

    I'd just like to thank everyone for the suggestions - and I have now followed up with legal advice,
    which at this very early point looks good. I must say www.bikeline.co.uk explain all the important
    parts of 'no win no fee' very well, and they were quick to get back to me.

    --
    Andy

    Tags:

  2. Andy Smith

    Andy Smith Guest

    Which, even though it is sparse on a spec (I phoned for more details), it is shown here.

    http://www.deesidecycles.com/gw7005alloy.htm

    Andy Smith wrote:
    > I've decided to go for the Graham Weigh
    > 7005/carbon fork bike

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:04:02 +0100, "Andy Smith" <[email protected]@tinnedfruit.org> wrote:

    >Which, even though it is sparse on a spec (I phoned for more details), it is shown here.
    >
    >http://www.deesidecycles.com/gw7005alloy.htm

    What did you choose, silver or red?

    Bob

  4. Andy Smith

    Andy Smith Guest

    Silver.

    I saw a recent one in red, and it didn't inspire me quite so much :)

    "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:04:02 +0100, "Andy Smith" <[email protected]@tinnedfruit.org> wrote:
    >
    > >Which, even though it is sparse on a spec (I phoned for more details), it
    is
    > >shown here.
    > >
    > >http://www.deesidecycles.com/gw7005alloy.htm
    >
    > What did you choose, silver or red?
    >

    > Bob
    > --
    > Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

  5. Andy Smith

    Andy Smith Guest

    A good question. I didn't ask that when I spoke to the guy earlier today... but I have asked for a
    list of the spec by email, so I'll see what it they are at that point.

    "Adrian Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Andy Smith" <[email protected]@tinnedfruit.org> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Which, even though it is sparse on a spec (I phoned for more details),
    it
    > is
    > > shown here.
    > >
    > > http://www.deesidecycles.com/gw7005alloy.htm
    >
    > Interesting looking tyres.......which ones are they?

  6. "Andy Smith" <[email protected]@tinnedfruit.org> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > A good question. I didn't ask that when I spoke to the guy earlier
    today...
    > but I have asked for a list of the spec by email, so I'll see what it they are at that point.

    I have always been a great believer in getting the best tyres & tubes you can afford (within
    reason). When I got my new bike (marin alp bear valley) a couple of weeks ago it came with Kenda
    Road 700x28c, but I asked the shop to swap them for panaracer stradius pros 700x23c & panaracer
    18-32c innertubes, which was definately a good move (i just paid the price difference), as when I go
    back to the shop now and see the display model with those 28c's it has a real sluggish look in
    comparison!

  7. Andy Smith

    Andy Smith Guest

    Actually, I think he said they are 700x23c, which suits me fine. I will double check though.

    > I have always been a great believer in getting the best tyres & tubes you can afford (within
    > reason). When I got my new bike (marin alp bear
    valley)
    > a couple of weeks ago it came with Kenda Road 700x28c, but I asked the
    shop
    > to swap them for panaracer stradius pros 700x23c & panaracer 18-32c innertubes, which was
    > definately a good move (i just paid the price difference), as when I go back to the shop now and
    > see the display model with those 28c's it has a real sluggish look in comparison!

  8. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:38:11 +0100, "Andy Smith" <[email protected]@tinnedfruit.org> wrote:

    >Silver.
    >
    >I saw a recent one in red, and it didn't inspire me quite so much :)

    Well, it sure looks shiny :eek:)

    I wish you countless hours of joy on your new bike. I had a couple of hours out today in the
    afternoon sunshine and it was glorious, I grinned like a village idiot all the way.

    Bob

  9. Glad all seems to be looking up after the crash. Enjoy your new bike and I hope the legal thing
    works out too.

    Cheers, helen s