Follow up: Bad crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Smith

After my crash on Saturday (that I posted here about), which left my bike prohibitively expensive to
repair, I have finally decided to go for my new bike. After shopping around, I've decided to go for
the Graham Weigh
7005/carbon fork bike, with Miche sprockets, chainwheels, etc. and Campag xenon shifters, including
the ergo levers, from deeside cycles. I'm impressed with the spec for the price (£425), even
though I did decide I would push my budget to get a little more of what I wanted.

It seems to be that anything outside of either bottom campag/shimano stuff, you must be willing to
spend over 500 quid (for new) - something I can't really stretch to now.

This will be my first bike with a few 'new' things, like indexed shifting for one. Talking of
shifters, I had a play with the xenon ergo levers, and I do like them better than the Sora levers
(the other on the bars alternate at this level), but the plasticness does concern me a little.

I'd just like to thank everyone for the suggestions - and I have now followed up with legal advice,
which at this very early point looks good. I must say www.bikeline.co.uk explain all the important
parts of 'no win no fee' very well, and they were quick to get back to me.

--
Andy

Silver.

I saw a recent one in red, and it didn't inspire me quite so much :)

"Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:04:02 +0100, "Andy Smith" <andy@[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Which, even though it is sparse on a spec (I phoned for more details), it
is
> >shown here.
> >
> >http://www.deesidecycles.com/gw7005alloy.htm
>
> What did you choose, silver or red?
>
>
> Bob
> --
> Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

A good question. I didn't ask that when I spoke to the guy earlier today... but I have asked for a
list of the spec by email, so I'll see what it they are at that point.

"Adrian Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Andy Smith" <andy@[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Which, even though it is sparse on a spec (I phoned for more details),
it
> is
> > shown here.
> >
> > http://www.deesidecycles.com/gw7005alloy.htm
>
> Interesting looking tyres.......which ones are they?

"Andy Smith" <andy@[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> A good question. I didn't ask that when I spoke to the guy earlier
today...
> but I have asked for a list of the spec by email, so I'll see what it they are at that point.

I have always been a great believer in getting the best tyres & tubes you can afford (within
reason). When I got my new bike (marin alp bear valley) a couple of weeks ago it came with Kenda
Road 700x28c, but I asked the shop to swap them for panaracer stradius pros 700x23c & panaracer
18-32c innertubes, which was definately a good move (i just paid the price difference), as when I go
back to the shop now and see the display model with those 28c's it has a real sluggish look in
comparison!

Actually, I think he said they are 700x23c, which suits me fine. I will double check though.

> I have always been a great believer in getting the best tyres & tubes you can afford (within
> reason). When I got my new bike (marin alp bear
valley)
> a couple of weeks ago it came with Kenda Road 700x28c, but I asked the
shop
> to swap them for panaracer stradius pros 700x23c & panaracer 18-32c innertubes, which was
> definately a good move (i just paid the price difference), as when I go back to the shop now and
> see the display model with those 28c's it has a real sluggish look in comparison!

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:38:11 +0100, "Andy Smith" <andy@[email protected]> wrote:

>Silver.
>
>I saw a recent one in red, and it didn't inspire me quite so much :)

Well, it sure looks shiny :eek:)

I wish you countless hours of joy on your new bike. I had a couple of hours out today in the
afternoon sunshine and it was glorious, I grinned like a village idiot all the way.

Bob
--
Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

Glad all seems to be looking up after the crash. Enjoy your new bike and I hope the legal thing
works out too.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.