Follow up to : Avid Brakes

Gwood

Guest
A couple of weeks ago I posted inquiries about Avid BB brakes and set-up
tips. Thanks to the folks who responded, as there were several concise and
time-saving tips included. I spent a few minutes tweaking the brake set-up
using these tips, and had my first ride with them this weekend.

They don't squeal, they are great in the wet, and they don't require
finger/forearm strength. My complaint? My hands got a little chilled since
they weren't constantly pumping both brakes and blood during the ride! I
can live with that ;-)

Cheers
Gary

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:41:02 -0800, "Gwood" <[email protected]> wrote:

>A couple of weeks ago I posted inquiries about Avid BB brakes and set-up
>tips. Thanks to the folks who responded, as there were several concise and
>time-saving tips included. I spent a few minutes tweaking the brake set-up
>using these tips, and had my first ride with them this weekend.
>
>They don't squeal, they are great in the wet, and they don't require
>finger/forearm strength. My complaint? My hands got a little chilled since
>they weren't constantly pumping both brakes and blood during the ride! I
>can live with that ;-)
>
>Cheers
>Gary

Good stuff,
Bill

The First law, Inertia: Unless acted upon by an outside force,
a body at rest tends to stay at rest,
and a body in motion tends to stay in motion.
Sir Isaac Newton