General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Follow up to Sept 03 Post:

Started by Bryan Martin · · Last activity · 3 posts · 341 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 March 2004
Last activity
20 March 2004
Original author
Bryan Martin
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
341
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is a follow up to a post I sent in Sept. 2003 (--
    groups.google.com/groups?threadm=FF2cb.1761%24eB.1201%40twi-
    ster.sout heast.rr.com&rnum=1).

    First and foremost thanks for your time and sorry for such a
    long post.

    My stress test back in Oct came back fine im told. I had two
    additional appointments later that year to which I still
    continued to have complaints of discomfort (not extremely
    bad pain, discomfort), fatigue and continued problems
    sleeping. He had me change to 1 and a half pills of 5mg
    Norvasc every night. This eliminated most of my 3ish a.m.
    episodes of waking up with chest pain. I missed my last
    appointment in December and didn't bother to reschedule at
    that point due mainly to Christmas, money etc... I have had
    a few mid afternoon episodes this month which are more
    common and intense than what I have had in the past so I
    decided to reschedule my appointment. My weight has leveled
    out around 220 lbs. from a pre heart attach weight of 180.
    Most of this I think comes from my almost complete
    inactivity. Other than my normal job I do nothing now but
    stay in the recliner mainly due to being fatigued all the
    time. I stay tired, yawning, bags under eyes etc. Some
    nights I will actually sleep a full night and still get up
    fatigued. Other nights I can be dog tired and toss and turn
    all night with discomfort in my chest off and on. Just a
    normal 50 yard walk makes me very winded. I have also
    developed a dizziness at times. I can be driving down the
    road and have a 5-10 second dizzy faze where you almost feel
    like your drunk. This literally makes my eyes hurt
    temporarily. I am a strong believer that stress plays a
    LARGE role to my condition in my case. Unfortunely most is
    unavoidable and inevitable but almost always causes
    discomfort in my chest during the day as well as bad nights.
    I was thinking about requesting a holter monitor because I
    am positive some of the more intense episodes should be
    measurable. Downside is some times I can have a good week or
    so without any bad episodes although fatigue, sleep and
    breathing are still affected. Other times I can have bad
    days where I might have chest pain most of the evening and
    into the night. If anyone has any pointers, suggestions or
    questions I might need to queue the doc in on then please
    speak up, I'm all ears.

    My 2 biggest complaints are extreme fatigue and continued
    chest pain.

  2. "Bryan Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is a follow up to a post I sent in Sept. 2003 (http:-
    //groups.google.com/groups?threadm=FF2cb.1761%24eB.1201%4-
    0twister.sout heast.rr.com&rnum=1).

    First and foremost thanks for your time and sorry for such
    a long post.

    My stress test back in Oct came back fine im told. I had
    two additional appointments later that year to which I
    still continued to have complaints of discomfort (not
    extremely bad pain, discomfort), fatigue and continued
    problems sleeping. He had me change to 1 and a half pills
    of 5mg Norvasc every night. This eliminated most of my
    3ish a.m. episodes of waking up with chest pain. I missed
    my last appointment in December and didn't bother to
    reschedule at that point due mainly to Christmas, money
    etc... I have had a few mid afternoon episodes this month
    which are more common and intense than what I have had in
    the past so I decided to reschedule my appointment. My
    weight has leveled out around 220 lbs. from a pre heart
    attach weight of 180. Most of this I think comes from my
    almost complete inactivity. Other than my normal job I do
    nothing now but stay in the recliner mainly due to being
    fatigued all the time. I stay tired, yawning, bags under
    eyes etc. Some nights I will actually sleep a full night
    and still get up fatigued. Other nights I can be dog
    tired and toss and turn all night with discomfort in my
    chest off and on. Just a normal 50 yard walk makes me
    very winded. I have also developed a dizziness at times.
    I can be driving down the road and have a 5-10 second
    dizzy faze where you almost feel like your drunk. This
    literally makes my eyes hurt temporarily. I am a strong
    believer that stress plays a LARGE role to my condition
    in my case. Unfortunely most is unavoidable and
    inevitable but almost always causes discomfort in my
    chest during the day as well as bad nights. I was
    thinking about requesting a holter monitor because I am
    positive some of the more intense episodes should be
    measurable. Downside is some times I can have a good week
    or so without any bad episodes although fatigue, sleep
    and breathing are still affected. Other times I can have
    bad days where I might have chest pain most of the
    evening and into the night. If anyone has any pointers,
    suggestions or questions I might need to queue the doc in
    on then please speak up, I'm all ears.

    My 2 biggest complaints are extreme fatigue and continued
    chest pain.

    You might ask if he thinks you are retaining water for some
    reason. Also whether he thinks you should alter you diet and
    have some sort of exercise regime - no matter how weak to
    start off with.

    Was it confirmed that you had a heart attack?

    Bill

  3. Yes it was confirmed. Yes I was told to alter my diet (which
    I have to a certain extent) and to exercise. A cath was done
    which revealed no blockage or plaque. At the same time
    though I am still doing my normal job and that is requiring
    all of my energy during the day. By one or two in the
    afternoon, I can hardly stand from being so wore down.

    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Bryan Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    This is a follow up to a post I sent in Sept. 2003


    (groups.google.comgroups
    01%40twister.sout

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    heast.rr.com&rnum=1).

    First and foremost thanks for your time and sorry for
    such a long post.

    My stress test back in Oct came back fine im told. I had
    two additional appointments later that year to which I
    still continued to have


    complaints

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    of discomfort (not extremely bad pain, discomfort),
    fatigue and


    continued

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    problems sleeping. He had me change to 1 and a half
    pills of 5mg


    Norvasc

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    every night. This eliminated most of my 3ish a.m.
    episodes of waking up with chest pain. I missed my last
    appointment in December and didn't


    bother

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to reschedule at that point due mainly to Christmas,
    money etc... I


    have

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    had a few mid afternoon episodes this month which are
    more common and intense than what I have had in the past
    so I decided to reschedule my appointment. My weight has
    leveled out around 220 lbs. from a pre heart attach
    weight of 180. Most of this I think comes from my almost


    complete

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    inactivity. Other than my normal job I do nothing now
    but stay in the recliner mainly due to being fatigued
    all the time. I stay tired,


    yawning,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    bags under eyes etc. Some nights I will actually sleep a
    full night and still get up fatigued. Other nights I can
    be dog tired and toss and


    turn

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    all night with discomfort in my chest off and on. Just a
    normal 50 yard walk makes me very winded. I have also
    developed a dizziness at times.


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    can be driving down the road and have a 5-10 second
    dizzy faze where you almost feel like your drunk. This
    literally makes my eyes hurt


    temporarily.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I am a strong believer that stress plays a LARGE role to
    my condition in


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    case. Unfortunely most is unavoidable and inevitable but
    almost always causes discomfort in my chest during the
    day as well as bad nights. I


    was

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    thinking about requesting a holter monitor because I am
    positive some of


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    more intense episodes should be measurable. Downside is
    some times I


    can

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have a good week or so without any bad episodes although
    fatigue, sleep


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    breathing are still affected. Other times I can have bad
    days where I


    might

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    have chest pain most of the evening and into the night.
    If anyone has


    any

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pointers, suggestions or questions I might need to queue
    the doc in on


    then

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    please speak up, I'm all ears.

    My 2 biggest complaints are extreme fatigue and
    continued chest pain.

    You might ask if he thinks you are retaining water for
    some reason. Also whether he thinks you should alter you
    diet and have some sort of exercise regime - no matter how
    weak to start off with.

    Was it confirmed that you had a heart attack?

    Bill

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.