Followed by the same car for 8 miles!!!

Cyclist14

Oct 13, 2004
Well today I was going to go for a 40-mile ride and I had barely done three miles when I noticed that some &*$# in a pickup truck was follwing me very closely even when the road was clear enough for him to make a pass. He just stayed behind me and a few times he faked that he was turning so that maybe I would belive he had finally left but he didn't leave. The ******* followed me almost into my driveway ( I turned around and headed home because I knew something wasn't right) but luckily I got his License plate number and a good look at his ugly face. So my parents called the police and I gave them the license plate number and they sent out an officer who told me that the man who had followed me had previously ( a few months ago) knocked a cyclist off his bike and stolen the bike so I am glad he didn't get me.

When I realized he was following me I rode on all the busy roads so that if he tried something there would be a lot of witnesses. I then pretended to use my phone and that got him to back off. But like I said above he almost followed me into my driveway. I will not be scared off of my bike though and I will continue to ride ( with another person or with a group ride) on the very same road. If I see that peice of @#$@# again I will gladly call the police and have his ass arrested.

You did the right thing. You kept your wits about you, didn't panic, took evasive action, and ultimately notified law enforcement. Well done! Let's hope the cops nail his butt soon!

Cyclist14 said:
Well today I was going to go for a 40-mile ride and I had barely done three miles when I noticed that some &*$# in a pickup truck was follwing me very closely even when the road was clear enough for him to make a pass. He just stayed behind me and a few times he faked that he was turning so that maybe I would belive he had finally left but he didn't leave. The ******* followed me almost into my driveway ( I turned around and headed home because I knew something wasn't right) but luckily I got his License plate number and a good look at his ugly face. So my parents called the police and I gave them the license plate number and they sent out an officer who told me that the man who had followed me had previously ( a few months ago) knocked a cyclist off his bike and stolen the bike so I am glad he didn't get me.

When I realized he was following me I rode on all the busy roads so that if he tried something there would be a lot of witnesses. I then pretended to use my phone and that got him to back off. But like I said above he almost followed me into my driveway. I will not be scared off of my bike though and I will continue to ride ( with another person or with a group ride) on the very same road. If I see that peice of @#$@# again I will gladly call the police and have his ass arrested.
Man that is freaky. There sure are a lot of whackos out there. I may have to put the pepper spray back on my top tube after reading that.

mises said:
Man that is freaky. There sure are a lot of whackos out there. I may have to put the pepper spray back on my top tube after reading that.
I pledge the second ammendment

huhenio said:
I pledge the second ammendment
I know they make tube holsters for pepper spray. Think they make one for a Kimber Ultra Carry II? It is my daily carry and all...

I rather stick to the 1911 kind of spray.

Only 7 drops in magazine and 1 in the chamber.

Such was riding the bike business in Argentina.

Such is now.

I dont need one in the Valley Forge trail anymore:cool:

huhenio said:
I rather stick to the 1911 kind of spray.

Only 7 drops in magazine and 1 in the chamber.

Such was riding the bike business in Argentina.

Such is now.

I dont need one in the Valley Forge trail anymore:cool:

WOW, Valley Forge just happens to be part of my commute to work, Collegeville to K of P. Could we have ever crossed paths? This is quite cool since I don't run into many people so close to me. You're right about one thing, no need for the 1911 spray in these parts. It's crazy at times but nothing that can't be handled. We'll have to talk again or even get together for a ride.

Later,
FELTF10