Fondriest - Anybody Have Information?

wugga

Jul 19, 2005
Hi!

Looking for any information or insight into the Fondriest line of frames. In particular I am considering either the full carbon Domino Plus or the Carb Level Plus. The other two thoughts for my custom build would be the Look KG461 or the Orbea Onix.

Buildup would be full Dura-Ace 10 and FSA RD-400 wheels.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I was talking to a guy riding the top Fondriest carbon, and he said it was no better than one of his Taiwanese carbon bikes.

I think he was in the "biz" so, he either got the Fondriest very cheap, or had it on a loaner.

I've recently decided that very expensive frames are a bit of a waste of money -- I'd rather spend good money on wheels.

I have a steel Cervelo ('04 Superprodigy), and while it's a very good bike, it's not all that much better than my favourite old 1988 531 Raleigh. I've also recently test ridden a Pinarello Galileo and a Colnago Dream, and they felt no better than my Taiwanese Dedacciai 7003 frame.

Fondriest frames have an excellent reputation. Do a search and you will find a number of people loving them (and complaining about Fondriest warranties).

The performance of these frames is most probably on par with a good Taiwanese frame (such as a Scott CR1, Wilier LeRoi, etc). You do get a wonderful finish and a lot more bling. :cool:

And of course, it should go without saying that you SHOULD build up a Fondriest with Campagnolo Record. With all the carbon bits! :p

Good insight so far folks. Just spotted the new Fondriest's at Cobblestone Bikes with some interesting pics! Thoughtful comment about warranty issues on them; definatley something I need to look into. Wonder if that "issue" would be less with Fondriest's main US distributer being here in Denver? The 06 Domino Carbon really looks sweet! Need to check the LBS to see if they have any???????

http://cobblestonebikes.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=152

wugga said:
Good insight so far folks. Just spotted the new Fondriest's at Cobblestone Bikes with some interesting pics! Thoughtful comment about warranty issues on them; definatley something I need to look into. Wonder if that "issue" would be less with Fondriest's main US distributer being here in Denver? The 06 Domino Carbon really looks sweet! Need to check the LBS to see if they have any???????

http://cobblestonebikes.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=152

I just built a 2003 P4 frame up. It climbs every bit as good as my Look Kg 261 and seems to accelerate better on the flats. Of course it is a better fit for me than the LOOK.
It feels great so far very smooth and responsive, of couse they don't make that particular model anymore.
I have a friend that has been riding for years and owns 2 Fondriests. They are his favorite frames out about 8 bikes that he owns.
Not many mile on mine yet but I would recommend one on what I know so far.
Good luck!