fondriest....!??!?!?

Hello,
I am at present mounting my record group set onto my Fondriest Carb Level plus, Monumental frame. The rear brake stud does not appear to be long enough to hit reach the nut. I have tried a longer nut, but that is not the issue, it is that the inside of the rear drop out where the nut goes in seems to get slightly narrower not allowing the two to reach, please does anyonbe know what i am talking about and can help me
Darren
i see you have some interest in these bikes, please help me if you can

Darren Pearce said:
Hello,
I am at present mounting my record group set onto my Fondriest Carb Level plus, Monumental frame. The rear brake stud does not appear to be long enough to hit reach the nut. I have tried a longer nut, but that is not the issue, it is that the inside of the rear drop out where the nut goes in seems to get slightly narrower not allowing the two to reach, please does anyonbe know what i am talking about and can help me
Darren
i see you have some interest in these bikes, please help me if you can

I built up a Fondriest frameand had the same issue,if I understand the problem correctly.
I picked up a longer bolt from the hardware with the same threads,cut it to the correct length and it works fine.

are you talking about putting a larger bolt onto the brake itself? if so how do you do this because it appears the brake bolt is all connected????

jhuskey said:
I built up a Fondriest frameand had the same issue,if I understand the problem correctly.
I picked up a longer bolt from the hardware with the same threads,cut it to the correct length and it works fine.

Darren Pearce said:
are you talking about putting a larger bolt onto the brake itself? if so how do you do this because it appears the brake bolt is all connected????

The problem I encounterd was attaching the rear brake calipers to the frame.The bolt through the pivot point of the calpier was too short.
I have a Cane Creek brake set and the bolt will unthread so I replaced it.
I am not for sure about yours but I believe it will so it can be repalced.
You just need to find one of the same size and threads which should be no problem.

thanks for that
i will try that, but with Campag Record, it appears to be all biult onto each other, anyway, will have a look at it

jhuskey said:
The problem I encounterd was attaching the rear brake calipers to the frame.The bolt through the pivot point of the calpier was too short.
I have a Cane Creek brake set and the bolt will unthread so I replaced it.
I am not for sure about yours but I believe it will so it can be repalced.
You just need to find one of the same size and threads which should be no problem.

Darren Pearce said:
thanks for that
i will try that, but with Campag Record, it appears to be all biult onto each other, anyway, will have a look at it

Let me know how it goes.