food energy sources

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by trek-man, May 29, 2005.

1. trek-man

trek-man New Member

G'day all
    Just trying to set up a spreadsheet to manage what goes in and out. Does anyone know where i can get figures such as kilojoule content of a given weight of chicken breast etc. The packages are telling me nothing and google is making me pull my hair out.
    cheers
    Mick

Tags:

2. vlad

vlad New Member

3. ausgirl

ausgirl New Member

The Australian New Zealand Food Authority (ANZFA) have a publication titled Nutritional Values of Australian Foods and i think something else may have replaced it, but here's the site about it http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/recallssurveillance/foodcompositionprogram/printedfoodcompositi172.cfm

Anyway, because its Australian, you can find a lot of foods in there that you might not find listed in a US publication, like certain Australian brands of food. It's very extensive. It might be at a library if you wanted to look at it before buying.

4. ed073

ed073 New Member

Just curious.....what's going in your "Out" column?

5. jhsbaker

jhsbaker New Member

The afformentioned USDA site has a free downloadable program which has about every food under the sun in it. You just choose one of the preset quantities or enter your own and it gives you heaps of nutritional info on it. I use it as my food bible.

6. rflflores

rflflores New Member

Have you tried CalorieKing.com?