food friend

Patrick Ross

Guest
Hi there,

I would like to make some new friends who are nutrition hobbyists, or experienced/knowledgeable in
the area of healthy eating to learn more about real life daily cooking and to share recipe
information and experience. Does anybody here make a good basic Risotto and a good Whole grain
bread., also a cooked vegetable dish? Tell me how you make these and I'm looking for recipes that
you make on a regular basis, that you know right from memory, or that have made often. Thank You.
ps. you can send me a note to my mail box or if you wish you can respond here or, you can do both.

For nutrition do not look to severely processed foods like breads and noodles.

[email protected] (Patrick Ross) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to make some new friends who are nutrition hobbyists, or experienced/knowledgeable
> in the area of healthy eating to learn more about real life daily cooking and to share recipe
> information and experience. Does anybody here make a good basic Risotto and a good Whole grain
> bread., also a cooked vegetable dish? Tell me how you make these and I'm looking for recipes
> that you make on a regular basis, that you know right from memory, or that have made often.
> Thank You.
> ps. you can send me a note to my mail box or if you wish you can respond here or, you can do both.

I make a mean chili, a superb broiled steak and an a perfect omelette. Gotta love that low-
carb diet.

TC

"Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> For nutrition do not look to severely processed foods like breads and noodles.

Then what to eat? Rice? Rice gets digested so quickly and doesn't give stable bloo suger, at least
not to me.

What if noodle is freshly made and bread is specially made to be rich in nutrition?

On 3/2/2004 2:22 AM, Amanda wrote:
> "Pizza Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>For nutrition do not look to severely processed foods like breads and noodles.
>>

> Then what to eat? Rice? Rice gets digested so quickly and doesn't give stable bloo suger, at least
> not to me.

What kind of rice? White rice is processed to have the bran removed.

--
jmk in NC

Bran removal doesn't have to modify the original food.

Think what happens to produce bread. Wheat is separated from the bran, ground into flour, bleached
with Javex or equivalent, stored in containers for who knows how long, active yeast and bleached
sugar added to it, allowed to ferment and partially decompose, baked to remove any last vitamin E
from it and produce a nice carcinigeous crust, and then let to go stale before eating.

Eat it for all your celiac and gluten problems.

Almost every diet know the mankind these days limits or bans bread. It is a very successful
advertising campaign, almost as much as dairy and diamonds.

BTW: It is OK if used in for pizza crust though!

On 3/2/2004 6:47 PM, Pizza Girl wrote:
> Bran removal doesn't have to modify the original food.

What do you mean? Removing the bran does remove quite a bit of the fiber and natural nutrients.

--
jmk in NC

Bran removal does NOT modify the kernel.

Bran is not digestible in humans and cannot provide vitamins, only fibre and bulk.

"jmk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On 3/2/2004 6:47 PM, Pizza Girl wrote:
> > Bran removal doesn't have to modify the original food.
>
> What do you mean? Removing the bran does remove quite a bit of the fiber and natural nutrients.
>
> --
> jmk in NC

[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] Once upon a time, our fellow Pizza Girl
rambled on about "Re: food friend." Our champion De-Medicalizing in sci.med.nutrition retorts,
thusly ...

>Bran removal does NOT modify the kernel.

It is called removal of bran. Just thought that you might want to know. :)

>Bran is not digestible in humans and cannot provide vitamins, only fibre and bulk.

So? What is your point?

Are you trying to be obnoxious, or are you just stupid?

"... you have my sympathies" Science Officer Ash to Ripley, in the movie ALIEN.

But fiber does have nutritional value and removal of the bran does modify the original food. Here's
some additional information.

"Milling is the primary difference between brown and white rice. The varieties may be identical, but
it is in the milling process where brown rice becomes white rice. Milling, often called "whitening",
removes the outer bran layer of the rice grain."

"What does that do to the rice grain? Does milling affect the nutritional quality of the rice? The
answer to this question is YES. Milling strips off the bran layer, leaving a core comprised of
mostly carbohydrates. In this bran layer resides nutrients of vital importance in the diet, making
white rice a poor competitor in the nutrition game The following chart shows the nutritional
differences between brown and white rices. Fiber is dramatically lower in white rice, as are the
oils, most of the B vitamins, and important mineral" http://www.lundberg.com/brownrice.html

Basically, it looks like you get less fiber, less protein, less thyamin, less riboflavin, less
niacin, less B6, less Folacin, less Vitamin E, less magnesium, less phosphorus, less selenium and
less zinc in white rice.

--
jmk in NC

On 29 Feb 2004 19:29:37 -0800, [email protected] (tcomeau) posted:

>[email protected] (Patrick Ross) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I would like to make some new friends who are nutrition
>> hobbyists, or experienced/knowledgeable in the area of
>> healthy eating to learn more about real life daily
>> cooking and to share recipe information and experience.
>> Does anybody here make a good basic Risotto and a good
>> Whole grain bread., also a cooked vegetable dish? Tell
>> me how you make these and I'm looking for recipes that
>> you make on a regular basis, that you know right from
>> memory, or that have made often. Thank You.
>> ps. you can send me a note to my mail box or if you wish
>> you can respond here or, you can do both.
>
>I make a mean chili, a superb broiled steak and an a
>perfect omelette. Gotta love that low-carb diet.

Which one's that? The 40% one you claim to eat? Snaaaaarf!!!