Food Porn:sf dared me!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Christine Dabney, Feb 11, 2006.

  1. Heya folks,

    I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    wasn't.
    I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    post the pic here...

    http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg

    And the method/recipe:

    http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm

    Christine

    Tags:

  2. On Sat 11 Feb 2006 10:21:15p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
    Dabney?

    > Heya folks,
    >
    > I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    > week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    > myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    > wasn't.
    > I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    > post the pic here...
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg
    >
    > And the method/recipe:
    >
    > http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm

    That looks and sounds incredibly good, Christine! Copied, of course!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  3. On 12 Feb 2006 06:39:44 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

    >That looks and sounds incredibly good, Christine! Copied, of course!
    >
    >--
    >Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    >____________________
    >
    >BIOYA

    It is, Wayne. And it is very WW friendly..no added fat at all. You
    wouldn't believe it, the way it turns out.

    Christine

  4. On Sat 11 Feb 2006 10:42:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Christine
    Dabney?

    > On 12 Feb 2006 06:39:44 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    > <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>That looks and sounds incredibly good, Christine! Copied, of course!
    >>
    >>--
    >>Wayne Boatwright o¿o ____________________
    >>
    >>BIOYA

    > It is, Wayne. And it is very WW friendly..no added fat at all. You
    > wouldn't believe it, the way it turns out.

    Thanks, Christine. I will definitely make it. I love roast chicken and
    don't make them often enough.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  5. sf

    sf Guest

    On 12 Feb 2006 06:39:44 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > That looks and sounds incredibly good, Christine! Copied, of course!

    I feel like a gynecologist must feel when I look at it.

  6. aem

    aem Guest

    Christine Dabney wrote:
    > Heya folks,
    >
    > I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    > week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    > myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    > wasn't.

    It's an excellent method. I have found that it is very much better
    when you can find a 2.5 lb. chicken, not so extraordinary when you use
    a bigger bird. -aem

  7. On 11 Feb 2006 22:15:18 -0800, "aem" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It's an excellent method. I have found that it is very much better
    >when you can find a 2.5 lb. chicken, not so extraordinary when you use
    >a bigger bird. -aem

    This still turned out well..even with a bigger bird. Incredibly juicy
    and well flavored.
    Note: I used more salt than I thought I should..on the chicken..but it
    wasn't too salty. It was perfect.
    Next time, I am going to salt the Judy Rodgers (of Zuni Cafe) way:
    salt a day or so early.

    Christine

  8. Jen

    Jen Guest

    "Christine Dabney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Heya folks,
    >
    > I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    > week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    > myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    > wasn't.
    > I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    > post the pic here...

    No herbs or spices? Was it tasty enough? I guess I should assume it is.
    I'll try it next week.

    Jen

  9. On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 06:24:59 GMT, "Jen" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >No herbs or spices? Was it tasty enough? I guess I should assume it is.
    >I'll try it next week.
    >
    >Jen

    Just salt and pepper, and the two lemons, which are inside the cavity.
    Very, very tasty.
    Sometimes simpler is better. ;)

    Christine

  10. -L.

    -L. Guest

    Christine Dabney wrote:
    > Heya folks,
    >
    > I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    > week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    > myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    > wasn't.
    > I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    > post the pic here...
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg
    >
    > And the method/recipe:
    >
    > http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm
    >
    > Christine

    Hummm...would it work without salt? It looks beautiful but I can't
    cook with salt because of DH's HBP. Thanks for sharing, BTW!

    -L.

  11. Jen

    Jen Guest

    > Just salt and pepper, and the two lemons, which are inside the cavity.
    > Very, very tasty.
    > Sometimes simpler is better. ;)

    Quite true :)

  12. On 11 Feb 2006 22:59:55 -0800, "-L." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hummm...would it work without salt? It looks beautiful but I can't
    >cook with salt because of DH's HBP. Thanks for sharing, BTW!
    >
    >-L.

    I dunno.. Try it and see. ;)

    Christine

  13. Kent

    Kent Guest

    You're all missing Christine's BOAT!
    IT's about to deliver a BABY!

    "Christine Dabney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Heya folks,
    >
    > I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    > week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    > myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    > wasn't.
    > I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    > post the pic here...
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg
    >
    > And the method/recipe:
    >
    > http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm
    >
    > Christine

  14. sf

    sf Guest

    THANK YOU! Someone finally "got" it.... except I didn't think it was
    as PC as a baby. LOL

    ```````````````````

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:21:50 -0800, Kent wrote:

    > You're all missing Christine's BOAT!
    > IT's about to deliver a BABY!
    >
    > "Christine Dabney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Heya folks,
    > >
    > > I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    > > week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    > > myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    > > wasn't.
    > > I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    > > post the pic here...
    > >
    > > http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg
    > >
    > > And the method/recipe:
    > >
    > > http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm
    > >
    > > Christine

  15. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "-L." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Christine Dabney wrote:
    >> Heya folks,
    >>
    >> I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    >> week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    >> myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    >> wasn't.
    >> I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    >> post the pic here...
    >>
    >> http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg
    >>
    >> And the method/recipe:
    >>
    >> http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm
    >>
    >> Christine

    > Hummm...would it work without salt? It looks beautiful but I can't
    > cook with salt because of DH's HBP. Thanks for sharing, BTW!

    Christine's recipe looks delicious. I have to cook without salt too
    and I use a similar version when I roast my chickens. We never eat the
    skin so I don't put anything on it at all. I simply roast the chicken
    on it's breast till done. I then cover it with foil and allow it to
    rest for at leat half an hour. The meat is juicy and delicious.

  16. On Sat 11 Feb 2006 11:01:33p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

    > On 12 Feb 2006 06:39:44 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >
    >> That looks and sounds incredibly good, Christine! Copied, of course!

    > I feel like a gynecologist must feel when I look at it.

    ROTF!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  17. Spuddie

    Spuddie Guest

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:21:15 -0800 while whitewashing the broccoli
    Christine Dabney <[email protected]> tossed a caber at the lizard
    while remarking:

    >And the method/recipe:
    >
    >http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm
    >
    >Christine

    That's one of my favorite ways of roasting chickens, with lemons
    stuffed inside. It is excellent without additional stuff aside from
    salt and pepper, but I sometimes add some sort of herb or spice as
    well, or a couple of crushed garlic cloves.

    I've vowed to start experimenting and stuffing the cavity with other
    fruits/veggies/herbs or whatever sounds interesting, too...cans of
    beer notwithstanding. ;)

    Cheryl
    ~~~The two biggest sellers in bookstores are the cookbooks and the
    diet books. The cookbooks tell you how to prepare the food
    and the diet books tell you how not to eat any of it.~~~ (Andy Rooney)

  18. Christine Dabney <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email protected]:

    > Heya folks,
    >
    > I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    > week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    > myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    > wasn't.
    > I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    > post the pic here...
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg
    >
    > And the method/recipe:
    >
    > http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm
    >
    > Christine

    Both the pic and the recipe look wonderful. How did you get it so juicy
    looking? And so browned? None of my chickens come out looking like that.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  19. modom

    modom Guest

    On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 21:21:15 -0800, Christine Dabney
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Heya folks,
    >
    >I roasted a chicken the Marcella Hazan way (recipe link to follow) a
    >week or so ago. It was incredibly juicy, and delicious. I had to make
    >myself do it again this week, just to see if it was a fluke. It
    >wasn't.
    >I showed sf the pic of it, on the chat channel, and she dared me to
    >post the pic here...
    >
    >http://tinypic.com/neuw4l.jpg
    >
    >And the method/recipe:
    >
    >http://www.jmdl.com/guitar/marian/Recipes/rchicken.htm
    >
    >Christine

    Wowsa. That's an impressive bird, ma'am.

    modom

  20. On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:04:48 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Both the pic and the recipe look wonderful. How did you get it so juicy
    >looking? And so browned? None of my chickens come out looking like that.
    >
    >Michael

    Roast your chicken by this method, and I think you will be delighted
    with the results. I posted the link to the recipe...

    Christine