Food

Bluey_27 said:
What food do you guys eat before you go riding, and when you are riding???
I train about 2 1/2 hours after a main meal consisting of mainly Carbohydrates (pasta, spuds) with a bit of protein as well (small bit of chicken). I drink about a half litre of water 2 hours before exercise and then an isotonic just before training (250ml). I snack on cereal bars and noodles.

I eat one plate of pasta (just that because supplements slow the digestion a lot) at least one hour before longer trainings! Before shorter trainings I eat cereals (we say muesli, it`s german word), banana, or just something that stomach isn`t empty!

During training I eat more in the winter and almost nothing in the summer! It must be like that because temperatures - I can`t eat in summer and I`m not hungry too, while in winter I can`t do it without concrete food! We usualy eat rolls with smoked ham (similar to "panini", well-known italian sandwiches)! And bars are indispensable when sugar drops!:)

Bluey_27 said:
anything that even looks like it might move when I'm off the bike, can eat anything and keep my weight. On the bike, bananas muesli bars fruit bars and just got a sponsorship with high5 so I'll be trying some of their stuff as well. Had to laugh on one of the other threads on 'what do you eat' where a guy said that he preffered on energy bar over the other because it had less calories. Kinda goes against the point of eating one doesnt it?

rayner said:
anything that even looks like it might move when I'm off the bike, can eat anything and keep my weight. On the bike, bananas muesli bars fruit bars and just got a sponsorship with high5 so I'll be trying some of their stuff as well. Had to laugh on one of the other threads on 'what do you eat' where a guy said that he preffered on energy bar over the other because it had less calories. Kinda goes against the point of eating one doesnt it?

High5 the band??? how the hell did you manage that...

Bluey_27 said:
High5 the band??? how the hell did you manage that...
well i was always a big fan, thought hey theyre getting enough money from the little kids lets rip them off. Phoned them up and they said" hey since ur such a big fan well give you some money' and it just went from there. I really hope that that was a joke.

Holy ****! mabey they can sponser me!!!!

Guess what, im going to see the final stage of the herald sun tour!!!

Bluey_27 said:
In the summer I frequently start my training rides at 5:25-5:30 am, so therefore I cannot really eat much before riding. I eat a low sugar yogurt to get a little energy food in me before the ride. I do make sure to eat well the night before.
About 10-15 minutes into the ride I eat a banana, and perhaps an energy bar or a gel 45 minutes to an hour into the ride. This may be a bit too much for a normal ride, but since I start on a relatively empty stomach it works well.
Post ride I have either a big bowl of cereal or a post-workout recovery drink.

I can`t train good if I don`t eat something before it! I feel like an empty bag, without energy and bar doesn`t help in this situation! I need something concrete to fill the stomach!:)

5:30, you`re very early! Are you good one? Because you sound like a real professional - waking up very early, every day, ...

Noodles, chicken, egg, some vegetables--with rice. But it is very dangerous to go out after eating rice; you know, the so called,"Appendix". :eek:

The day before the race, I drink a lot of water. If your **** isn't clear, you aren't drinking enough water.

The night before a race, I eat a plate of pasta, with some sort of protein. The rule of thumb that all the coaches recomend, is a 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein.

The morning of the race, I have a bowl of cereal, a banana, and some juice 3 hours before the race start time. After my breakfast, I sit down, and do a 20 minute stretching routine, all the while drinking a Nalgene (32 oz.) of water.

While I am warming up for the race (1 hour before start time), I have a PowerBar, and a carb drink.

15 minutes before the race, I done a GU packet, with a big swig of water.

During the race all depends on the length. If it is a road race of over 25 miles, I will have a GU packet 20-30 minutes before the finish line. Anything of less distance, I rely soley on the nutrition that I have saved up before the race.

Before ride/race I eat pasta and drink at least 1 liter of water. During the ride/race I eat Powerbars and/or Power Gel. I also have a Camelbak Hydration system that holds two liters of water.:D

Super Otaku said:
Noodles, chicken, egg, some vegetables--with rice. But it is very dangerous to go out after eating rice; you know, the so called,"Appendix". :eek:
what do you mean? sorry if it was a joke and iam just not getting it hehe