Fool.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by W K, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. W K

    W K Guest

    No, its not that I went to H*lfords. And bought a 5minute lock with 30% off. Not that I went on
    holiday but before I locked 3 bikes together with it. All the best ones.

    I placed the key somewhere safe. Very safe. Ohh so safe.

    Worse still I have already done the same thing about 6 months ago, but that time was with a lock
    that only resisted 3 minutes of dulled hacksaw.

    Tags:

  2. Elyob

    Elyob Guest

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > No, its not that I went to H*lfords. And bought a 5minute lock with 30% off. Not that I went on
    > holiday but before I locked 3 bikes together with it. All the best ones.
    >
    > I placed the key somewhere safe. Very safe. Ohh so safe.
    >
    > Worse still I have already done the same thing about 6 months ago, but
    that
    > time was with a lock that only resisted 3 minutes of dulled hacksaw.

    A 5 minute lock? Is that a lock that takes 5 minutes with a hacksaw? If so, and with 30% off, it
    should only take 3.5 minutes? Either that or pop down your local fire station next time they're on
    strike ...

  3. W K <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > No, its not that I went to H*lfords. And bought a 5minute lock with 30% off. Not that I went on
    > holiday but before I locked 3 bikes together with it. All the best ones.
    >
    > I placed the key somewhere safe. Very safe. Ohh so safe.
    >
    > Worse still I have already done the same thing about 6 months ago, but
    that
    > time was with a lock that only resisted 3 minutes of dulled hacksaw.

    so this time you're looking to borrow an angle grinder?

  4. On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:34:13 +0000, W K did issue forth:

    > No, its not that I went to H*lfords. And bought a 5minute lock with 30% off. Not that I went on
    > holiday but before I locked 3 bikes together with it. All the best ones.
    >
    > I placed the key somewhere safe. Very safe. Ohh so safe.

    Looks like you need to find a friendly person with an angle grinder. Someone on alt.mountain-bike
    was saying that you can get through a lock shackle with a Dremel.

    We've not heard from that guy in a few days though, I guess he's still cutting ;-)

  5. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > No, its not that I went to H*lfords. And bought a 5minute lock with 30% off. Not that I went on
    > holiday but before I locked 3 bikes together with it. All the best ones.
    >
    > I placed the key somewhere safe. Very safe. Ohh so safe.
    >
    > Worse still I have already done the same thing about 6 months ago, but
    that
    > time was with a lock that only resisted 3 minutes of dulled hacksaw.

    I did the same thing at work. During an afternoon shift I took my keys to the vending machine and
    inserted the special yellow key that has money on
    it. After I took out my meal I forgot to take the keys with me. At 2200 I was searching
    frantically for my keys until in the end I took a hacksaw and sawed the lock off , cutting my
    hands in the process.

    At the precise moment I'd removed it there was a tapping on my shoulder as I was told that the
    manager had them in his office.

  6. W K

    W K Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:b5lfe2

    > Looks like you need to find a friendly person with an angle grinder.

    Funny you should say that I found one of them in a garage in craignure, Mull - but that was a
    faulty lock.