foot conditions and pedal systems

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by None, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. None

    None Guest

    I have a small problem with my LOOK pedals

    My feet below the knee tends to point outward. When I use the LOOK type pedels (with a 9 degree of
    play) I experience some pain on long rides.

    Is there a pedal system where I can adjust the amount of side-to-side freedom?

    Is there some website that connects common foot conditions and cycling? Thanks, NagitaK

    Tags:

  2. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    none wrote:

    > I have a small problem with my LOOK pedals
    >
    > My feet below the knee tends to point outward. When I use the LOOK type pedels (with a 9 degree of
    > play) I experience some pain on long rides.
    >
    > Is there a pedal system where I can adjust the amount of side-to-side freedom?

    Yes, Speedplay Zeros.

    Lou
    --

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "none" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I have a small problem with my LOOK pedals
    >
    > My feet below the knee tends to point outward. When I use the LOOK type pedels (with a 9 degree of
    > play) I experience some pain on long rides.
    >
    > Is there a pedal system where I can adjust the amount of side-to-side freedom?
    >
    > Is there some website that connects common foot conditions and cycling? Thanks, NagitaK

    Time.

    Mike

  4. None

    None Guest

    > Yes, Speedplay Zeros.
    >
    > Lou
    > --

    Thanks, these pedals look good.

    Why did you suggest the zero over the other speedplay pedals?

    What is the difference between the zero and x-series and the frog? The zero has a maximum 15 degree
    release angle while the x-series and the frog have a 20-28 degree release angle.

    NagitaK