Foot Injury - Brace Suggestion???

Tom C.

Guest
I rolled my left foot last week while running - stupid rock!. The injury (very painful) was a
little weird in that I rolled the foot forward and out instead of to the side - like most of my
past ankle injuries. Went to my sports doctor and he did some xrays - nothing broken, but I
sprained the top of my foot at the base of my ankle where it turns horizontal. He did some therapy,
manipulated the bones to reset them and taped it up for me. Needless to say, I won't be running for
a couple weeks or so.

It's feeling much better, but I'd like to get an ankle/foot support while I'm waiting for the
recovery process to happen. Most ankle braces stop at the top of the foot right where I need a
little support and compression. Does anyone know of a brace that goes a little further down the foot
towards the ball instead of stopping short? I've googled a search but didn't find anything other
than various ankle braces - laceups and neoprenes.

Suggestions please . . .

Thanks-

"Tom C." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> It's feeling much better, but I'd like to get an ankle/foot support while I'm waiting for the
> recovery process to happen. Most ankle braces stop at the top of the foot right where I need a
> little support and compression. Does anyone know of a brace that goes a little further down the
> foot towards the ball instead of stopping short? I've googled a search but didn't find anything
> other than various ankle braces - laceups and neoprenes.
>
> Suggestions please . . .
>
> Thanks-

Check out these products: http://www.cheaprelief.com/shop/CHPstore.cgi?user_action=list&category=Su-
pports%20%26%20Cushions%3BFoot%20%26%20Ankle&start=0