Foot numbness

RWillieK

Aug 26, 2004
Hello all - I'm another one of those people who ysed to cycle a lot, stopped for a few years and am back at it again.

I've been noticing my right foot has been going numb lately.....its mostly just the inside few toes really. I'm riding in steel pedals/cages and tennis shoes right now. I have a set of nashbar look knock off pedals and shoes on their way (should be here by now). Will that help? Do I have something on the bike out of adjustment?

Thanks!

Robbie

i used to get numbness in my foot when on my trainer...i found out that lowering the seat 1/2 an inch got rid of it...the only explanation i can give is that the higher seat postition may have been restricting blood flow to my feet...

i cant say for sure if that was actually causing the problem or not, i am no medical expert.

MountainPro said:
i used to get numbness in my foot when on my trainer...i found out that lowering the seat 1/2 an inch got rid of it...the only explanation i can give is that the higher seat postition may have been restricting blood flow to my feet...

i cant say for sure if that was actually causing the problem or not, i am no medical expert.
Hummm I raised my seat just a hair yesterday......interesting!

RWillieK said:
Hello all - I'm another one of those people who ysed to cycle a lot, stopped for a few years and am back at it again.

I've been noticing my right foot has been going numb lately.....its mostly just the inside few toes really. I'm riding in steel pedals/cages and tennis shoes right now. I have a set of nashbar look knock off pedals and shoes on their way (should be here by now). Will that help? Do I have something on the bike out of adjustment?

Thanks!

Robbie

You'll find yourself adjusting saddle position all over again when you install the new pedals. The stiffer shoes alone may be enough to alleviate the problem.

Interesting, sometimes this happens from not doing very much for awhile. Maybe the sneaker is too tight. This sometimes is the case. You also want to do other things like stretching and other forms of exercise.

I was going to mention trying to new pair of shoes but I see you already have some on the way! I wear tennis shoes all the time but I started switching to something with a little more support and structure for cycling and it's made a lot of difference. The only other thing I could suggest is making sure that there are no pressure points or anything going on with the pedal that's making your foot go numb.