Foot Pain--any tips?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Urhome, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. Urhome

    Urhome Guest

    I must have plantar faciitis, left food only, but no heel pain is involved. After 30" of pedaling,
    and sometimes sooner, the metatarsal area gets sore, and then numb, and then achy.

    I guess it's not SPDs (I thought it was the small pedals because it only happens when riding). I
    switched to toe clips and tennis shoes to verify that it is a foot problem. Damn.

    Does anyone know if this is something that you just have to make the best of if you're unlucky
    enough to get it and does anyone know if it goes away, sooner or later?

    Thanks,

    Tags:

  2. Urhome

    Urhome Guest

    Morton's neuroma. Aint the web great! The fix apparently is wider shoes (now wearing tennis shoes),
    arch support to avoid pronation (went to wider pedals because I went back to toe clips to diagnose
    the malady), and an anti-inflammatory (ibuprofen). If and when the problem is kicked and I return to
    clip-ins, I'm going to try Look next time.

    "urhome" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I must have plantar faciitis, left food only, but no heel pain is
    involved.
    > After 30" of pedaling, and sometimes sooner, the metatarsal area gets
    sore,
    > and then numb, and then achy.
    >
    > I guess it's not SPDs (I thought it was the small pedals because it only happens when riding). I
    > switched to toe clips and tennis shoes to verify that it is a foot problem. Damn.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this is something that you just have to make the best
    of
    > if you're unlucky enough to get it and does anyone know if it goes away, sooner or later?
    >
    > Thanks,

  3. Buy Sidi mega's (they're extra wide). Use Look pedals (wider platform). Don't waste 2 years, like I
    did to find the cure.

  4. "Michael Nitabach" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Word among the gossips in Central
    >>Park is that there were punches
    > thrown, thus causing a crash. Do you know anything about this?

    The crash was behind me so I didn't see anything. I've only heard gossip and accusations, which I
    won't repeat as I'm not sure what is true.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com