UK and Europe · Public discussion

Foot Pain under Proximal Phalange

Started by dannyfrankszzz · · Last activity · 5 posts · 793 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
4 January 2006
Last activity
9 January 2006
Original author
dannyfrankszzz
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
793
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm currently on a tour Down Under and so I'm doing quite a lot of distance (about 100km/day). For some reason, I've started to develop foot pain on the right side of my right foot under the proximal phalange (it's a bone in the foot for those who know). Whilst I'm on the bike, the pain comes and goes - usually worst when I'm climbing! The pain goes away as soon as I'm off the bike.

    I've done a lot of cycling but the extra work of touring presents new problems. I've got orthotics in my cycling shoes. I do the necessary calf stretches.

    What do people think the problem could be?

  2. dannyfrankszzz said:

    I'm currently on a tour Down Under and so I'm doing quite a lot of
    distance (about 100km/day). For some reason, I've started to develop
    foot pain on the right side of my right foot under the proximal
    phalange (it's a bone in the foot for those who know). Whilst I'm on
    the bike, the pain comes and goes - usually worst when I'm climbing!
    The pain goes away as soon as I'm off the bike.

    I've done a lot of cycling but the extra work of touring presents new
    problems. I've got orthotics in my cycling shoes. I do the necessary
    calf stretches.

    What do people think the problem could be?


    Is the bolt on your cleat too long? Perhaps there's a stone in your shoe.

    All the best,
    Al

  3. "dannyfrankszzz" <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I'm currently on a tour Down Under and so I'm doing quite a lot of
    distance (about 100km/day). For some reason, I've started to develop
    foot pain on the right side of my right foot under the proximal
    phalange (it's a bone in the foot for those who know). Whilst I'm on
    the bike, the pain comes and goes - usually worst when I'm climbing!
    The pain goes away as soon as I'm off the bike.

    I've done a lot of cycling but the extra work of touring presents new
    problems. I've got orthotics in my cycling shoes. I do the necessary
    calf stretches.

    What do people think the problem could be?

    Wombats nibbling your feet? Checked for spiders before putting your shoes
    on?

    Anyhow, enjoy The Land Down Under.

    Cheers, helen s

  4. "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "dannyfrankszzz" <[email hidden]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I'm currently on a tour Down Under and so I'm doing quite a lot of
    distance (about 100km/day). For some reason, I've started to develop
    foot pain on the right side of my right foot under the proximal
    phalange (it's a bone in the foot for those who know). Whilst I'm on
    the bike, the pain comes and goes - usually worst when I'm climbing!
    The pain goes away as soon as I'm off the bike.

    60 miles per day isn't particularly a long distance.

    Alan

  5. Quoted post said:

    60 miles per day isn't particularly a long distance.

    Alan

    When it's plus 30 degrees every day, windy and hilly, and you're used to a North European climate - trust me, it's far enough!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.