foot warmers

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Watkin

Has anybody tried these electric foot warmers? I would like to know if they are worth considering as
my feet are the only bit of me that ever gets cold.

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:33:19 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Has anybody tried these electric foot warmers? I would like to know if they are worth considering
>as my feet are the only bit of me that ever gets cold.
>
>
Not tried them.

Tips for foot warmth:

Don't have your shoes too tight (poor circulation doesn't help toe cosiness)

Wear a hat. A large (third?) proportion of body heat escapes through the head. The body conserves
vital services (brain, heart, digestion etc) by limiting losses to non essentials, like toes, by
restricting blood flow to them.

Tim
--
In space no one can eat ice cream

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anybody tried these electric foot warmers? I would like to know if they are worth considering
> as my feet are the only bit of me
that
> ever gets cold.
>

Wouldn't the length of the flex put a limit on your cycling?

(someone had to be first!)

Pete.

>Wouldn't the length of the flex put a limit on your cycling?
>
>(someone had to be first!)
>
>Pete.

I'm *shocked* that it was you. Indeed, I find it a *negative* post from you. I think I should *pull
the plug* on this thread.

Cheers, helen s ;-)

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

Originally posted by Steve Watkin
Has anybody tried these electric foot warmers? I would like to know if they are worth considering as
my feet are the only bit of me that ever gets cold.

I don't have electric feet so I just bought some of yer regular neoprene overshoes. I have to walk through the greenwich foot tunnel (200yds) on my commute so the soles of the overshoes look a bit manky but I only wear them a few days of the year. They make a huge difference though

best wishes
james

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
> >Wouldn't the length of the flex put a limit on your cycling? (someone had to be first!)
>
> I'm *shocked* that it was you. Indeed, I find it a *negative* post from you. I think I should
> *pull the plug* on this thread.

Why this resistance? I feel the thread has a lot of potential and addresses a very current concern,
in a live, neutral and down-to-earth manner met with at low frequency in this charged field at a
time of high tension.

>Why this resistance? I feel the thread has a lot of potential and addresses a very current concern,
>in a live, neutral and down-to-earth manner met with at low frequency in this charged field at a
>time of high tension.

*Watt* are you going *on* about? I've never *hertz* such a load of rubbish.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

Henry Braun <[email protected]>typed

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
> > >Wouldn't the length of the flex put a limit on your cycling? (someone had to be first!)
> >
> > I'm *shocked* that it was you. Indeed, I find it a *negative* post from you. I think I should
> > *pull the plug* on this thread.

> Why this resistance? I feel the thread has a lot of potential and addresses a very current
> concern, in a live, neutral and down-to-earth manner met with at low frequency in this charged
> field at a time of high tension.

Enough Faraday!

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected] Edgware.

On 04 Nov 2003 11:06:10 GMT, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Why this resistance? I feel the thread has a lot of potential and addresses a very current
>> concern, in a live, neutral and down-to-earth manner met with at low frequency in this charged
>> field at a time of high tension.
>
> *Watt* are you going *on* about? I've never *hertz* such a load of rubbish.

Ohm y, look what you've sparked off!

Colin
--

Colin Blackburn must be edykated coz e writed:

> On 04 Nov 2003 11:06:10 GMT, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> Why this resistance? I feel the thread has a lot of potential and addresses a very current
>>> concern, in a live, neutral and down-to-earth manner met with at low frequency in this charged
>>> field at a time of high tension.
>>
>> *Watt* are you going *on* about? I've never *hertz* such a load of rubbish.
>
> Ohm y, look what you've sparked off!
>
> Colin
And without so much as a period of inductance.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

I thought I may get some help...................obviously wrong!

SW

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anybody tried these electric foot warmers? I would like to know if they are worth considering
> as my feet are the only bit of me
that
> ever gets cold.

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:42:25 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Has anybody tried these electric foot warmers? I would like to know if they are worth considering
>> as my feet are the only bit of me
>that
>> ever gets cold.
>>
>>
>I thought I may get some help...................obviously wrong!
>
>SW
>

(Top posting corrected)

Presumably these are battery operated gadgets. How much juice do they consume? You may find that a
battery to operate them for a long enough time will weigh too much to be practical.

Are they specifically aimed at cyclists or are they for motorcyclists?

Tim
--
In space no one can eat ice cream

Tim Hall <[email protected]> writes:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 20:42:25 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]...
> >> Has anybody tried these electric foot warmers? I would like to know if they are worth
> >> considering as my feet are the only bit of me
> >that
> >> ever gets cold.
> >>
> >I thought I may get some help...................obviously wrong!
>
> Presumably these are battery operated gadgets. How much juice do they consume? You may find that a
> battery to operate them for a long enough time will weigh too much to be practical.

The hunt'n, shoot'n an' fish'n fraternity use hand warmer thingies that you put charcoal in. I don't
know how well they work but they might be lighter than batteries, and if you can stick one in a
glove I would think you can stick one in an overboot.

Mind you, good socks, my lovely SIDI winter boots, and (if wet) overboots, and ... no problem. Who
needs heaters when you've got insulation?

--
[email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; It appears that /dev/null is a conforming XSL processor.

Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> The hunt'n, shoot'n an' fish'n fraternity use hand warmer thingies that you put charcoal in. I
> don't know how well they work but they might be lighter than batteries, and if you can stick one
> in a glove I would think you can stick one in an overboot.

That somehow reminds me of a quote from Terry Pratchett. "Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day,
but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

There are a couple of systems that might be made to work without requiring actual combustion. Look
at http://www.motorcycle-uk.com/giali/Gialiheatedclothing.html for Klan heated socks at £59.99. Mind
you I think the necessary 24 watts at 12 volts could be a bit of a challenge. There are also
chemical systems such as the one featured at http://www.heatfactory.com .

Glider pilots have been known to try variations on both methods for flying at altitude. I have heard
of at least one pilot making an emergency landing when his feet got too hot to bear, to the general
amusement of those on the airfield. It's probably much easier to deal with burning feet on a bike
ride though than in a cramped glider cockpit at 18,000'.

--
Dave...

Status
Not open for further replies.